Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.
You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
|German to English translations [PRO]|
|German term or phrase: Speicherschaltkreise (help with phrase)|
|sorry I don't have much context, this is in a list of fields of application for planar motors|
- Steckermontage mit Test
- Bestückung von Chipkarten
- Lampenmontage mit Test
- Lasertrimmen SMD-Widerstände
- Sortieren nach Bauelementen
- Übersetzen und Wenden von Speicherschaltkreisen
- Mess- und Prüfmaschinen
I'm not sure about Übersetzen und Wenden(transfer and turn/rotate perhaps?), and I may be off, but it seems that this involves physical parts in an assembly process.
Can anyone shed some light on this for me?
|ferrying/conveying and turning (over) memory ICs|
1. for Übersetzen, both Oxford/Duden and Cornelsen give ferry (over) or transport (by ship) as a possible translation -- and since a motor generates motion, this seems plausible.
2. For Wenden, I can only suggest a dictionary translation.
3. The general meaning of Schaltkreis is 'electrical/electronic circuit', but in appropriate contexts, it is very often used as a short form of 'integrierter Schaltkreis' (integrated circuit = IC). Particularly since practically speaking memory ICs are the only types of memory circuits commonly encountered, this meaning can be assumed here.
sample reference from Google:
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
... Was ist die Zykluszeit bei einem Speicherschaltkreis? ... Verwendet werden ua folgende
IC s: PROM 74LS571, SRAM 74LS89, SRAM i6514, DRAM i2164, EPROM i2716 EEPROM ...
Selected response from:
Local time: 01:50
4 KudoZ points were awarded for this answer