Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.
You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
|German to English translations [PRO]|
|German term or phrase: Kakaokernenbruch|
Does anybody know what part of the cocoa fruit this is?
Selected response from:
|Thank you. You learn a new word every day.|
4 KudoZ points were awarded for this answer
cacao (cocoa) kernels - cacao nibs
1. CL: Chocolate Temptations -- Types of Chocolate
... Chocolate liquor: A thick, dark-brown paste made from roasted and shelled cacao kernels, or nibs, which is the base from which all chocolate products are made ...
2. The Cacao Tree
... To transform the cacao kernels into the thick, dark-brown paste called chocolate liquor, the nibs are ground between large heated rollers in high-speed mills. ...
3. The first chocolate house was reputedly opened in London in 1657 by a Frenchman. Costing 10 to 15 shillings per pound, chocolate was considered a beverage for the elite class. Sixteenth-century Spanish historian Oviedonoted: "None but the rich and noble could afford to drink chocolatl as it was literally drinking money. Cocoa passed currency as money among all nations; thus a rabbit in Nicaragua sold for 10 cocoa nibs, and 100 of these seeds could buy a tolerably good slave."
4. SmartChocolate > Organic Chocolate
... The cleaned cocoa kernels, known as nibs , are milled into a thick chocolate paste or liquor which, if left in this state, becomes unsweetened chocolate. ...
5. Dictionnaire des termes du cacao - Lettre D
... Décorticage nm En. removal of shell from cocoa kernels, separation of the shell, shelling, shell separation, decortication De. Kakaoschalenabtrennung nf ...
6. Chocolate: The Making of Chocolate
... The outer shell of the bean is removed, and the meat inside is broken into small pieces, which are called "cocoa nibs". Cocoa nibs consist ...
7. ANZFA Food Standards Code - Q3 Cocoa and Cocoa Products
... Cocoa nibs' is the roasted cocoa bean freed from its shell or husk, with or without the germ.
Local time: 13:22
Native speaker of: Croatian
PRO pts in pair: 571
|Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)|
Return to KudoZ list
KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.
Search millions of term translations