Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.
You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
21:58 Sep 4, 2008
This question was closed without grading. Reason: Other
Italian to English translations [PRO] Science - Geology
Italian term or phrase:reggipoggio/ frangipoggio
Le strutture planari (scistosita) immergono verso est, generando situazioni di reggipoggio verso ovest e situazioni di franapoggio verso est.
I am confused by this sentence!
maybe I should just summarize the meaning in the translation.. i.e. "bedding plains oriented in the direction of the slope"= franapoggio. it's wordy, but...I really can't find the concise geological terms in english anywhere!
Automatic update in 00:
54 mins confidence: peer agreement (net): -1
Explanation: you can leave as it is
When the rocks are stratified the following conditions concerning the more prevalent strata setting may occur:
* “reggipoggio”: strata are oriented in a more or less normal direction respect to the slope;
* “franapoggio”: bedding planes are oriented in the direction of the slope (parallel or less inclined);
* “franapoggio”: with sloping lower then immersion;
* “traverpoggio”: intermediate immersion of rock strata;
* sub-horizontal bedding. http://www.isafa.it/scientifica/assestamento/riselvitalia43/...
xxxmoranna Italy Works in field Native speaker of: Italian, English PRO pts in category: 8