KudoZ home » Polish to English » Economics

postawa roszczeniowa

English translation: demanding attitude

Advertisement

Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
GLOSSARY ENTRY (DERIVED FROM QUESTION BELOW)
Polish term or phrase:postawa roszczeniowa
English translation:demanding attitude
Entered by: Baska
Options:
- Contribute to this entry
- Include in personal glossary

07:08 Jun 24, 2004
Polish to English translations [PRO]
Economics
Polish term or phrase: postawa roszczeniowa
zachowanie i postawy roszczeniowe
Baska
demanding attitude
Explanation:
lub demanding stance (& behavior)

--------------------------------------------------
Note added at 1 hr 55 mins (2004-06-24 09:04:02 GMT)
--------------------------------------------------

jeszcze w niektorych wypadkach \"welfare-state mentality\" (tez bez myslinika pisane), ale ostroznie, bo w niektorych kontekstach moze nie dzialac...
\"Today, especially in Western countries, many people seem to have adopted a Welfare State mentality, a consumer mentality, towards the Church. As a result they expect church services and activities to be laid on for them, as if it were their right. This is totally unrealistic. We have to combat the mentality which says that 80% of church activities are carried out by 20% of the parishioners and the remaining 20% of activities are carried out by the other 80% of the parishioners. To paraphrase an American President of some forty years ago: \'Ask not what your parish can do for you; ask what you can do for your parish\'\" (http://www.orthodoxengland.btinternet.co.uk/parishlf.htm)


http://www.google.pl/search?q="welfare state mentality"&hl=p...
Selected response from:

Marek Daroszewski (MrMarDar)
Local time: 10:51
Grading comment
dziekuję
4 KudoZ points were awarded for this answer

Advertisement


Summary of answers provided
3 +4demanding attitudeMarek Daroszewski (MrMarDar)
4claiming attitude
Maciej Andrzejczak


Discussion entries: 1





  

Answers


9 mins   confidence: Answerer confidence 4/5Answerer confidence 4/5
claiming attitude


Explanation:
http://www.proz.com/?sp=h&id=525980

Maciej Andrzejczak
Poland
Local time: 10:51
Native speaker of: Native in PolishPolish
PRO pts in category: 36

Peer comments on this answer (and responses from the answerer)
neutral  pidzej: garść trafień, w tym dwa z KudoZ i kilka innych polskich; w zasadzie disagree tylko brak lepszego argumentu niż "nikt tak nie mówi"
59 mins
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

10 mins   confidence: Answerer confidence 3/5Answerer confidence 3/5 peer agreement (net): +4
demanding attitude


Explanation:
lub demanding stance (& behavior)

--------------------------------------------------
Note added at 1 hr 55 mins (2004-06-24 09:04:02 GMT)
--------------------------------------------------

jeszcze w niektorych wypadkach \"welfare-state mentality\" (tez bez myslinika pisane), ale ostroznie, bo w niektorych kontekstach moze nie dzialac...
\"Today, especially in Western countries, many people seem to have adopted a Welfare State mentality, a consumer mentality, towards the Church. As a result they expect church services and activities to be laid on for them, as if it were their right. This is totally unrealistic. We have to combat the mentality which says that 80% of church activities are carried out by 20% of the parishioners and the remaining 20% of activities are carried out by the other 80% of the parishioners. To paraphrase an American President of some forty years ago: \'Ask not what your parish can do for you; ask what you can do for your parish\'\" (http://www.orthodoxengland.btinternet.co.uk/parishlf.htm)


http://www.google.pl/search?q="welfare state mentality"&hl=p...


Marek Daroszewski (MrMarDar)
Local time: 10:51
Works in field
Native speaker of: Native in PolishPolish
PRO pts in category: 105
Grading comment
dziekuję

Peer comments on this answer (and responses from the answerer)
agree  Himawari
27 mins
  -> dzieki

agree  Piotr Kurek
33 mins
  -> dzieki

agree  pidzej: reluctantly; Add: o coś takiego mi chodziło, ale kontekstu przykrótko
1 hr
  -> dzieki! to moze 'welfare state mentality'? chociaz to bardziej 'panstwo opiekuncze', ale chyba o taka przenosnie chodzi... ktos, cos, za nas... :)

agree  Jerzy Gzula
4 hrs
  -> dzieki!
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)




Return to KudoZ list


KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.



See also:



Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search