Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.
You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs (or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
Spanish to English translations [PRO] Bus/Financial / project financing
Spanish term or phrase:deuda a largo plazo sin recurso al accionista
ACME ha cerrado diversas transacciones de financiación de proyectos para su creciente cartera de proyectos. Normalmente, estas transacciones han adoptado la forma de ***deuda a largo plazo sin recurso al accionista***
Explanation: this would be by putting up the assets as collateral for the loan, which, does not involve the shareholders, usually,
"Term" refers to the time for which money (a secured loan) is required and the period over which the loan repayment is scheduled. A long term loan is arranged when the scheduled repayment of the loan and the estimated useful life of the assets purchased (e.g. building, land, machinery, computers, equipment, shelving, etc.) is expected to exceed one year. Long term loans are normally secured, first, by the new asset (s) purchased (up to 65%) and then by other unencumbered physical assets of the business (for the remaining 35%) , or failing that, from additional funds from shareholders or personal guarantees from the principals. On the balance sheet, the equipment purchased shows up in the long term assets section, while the counterpart loan information is shown in the current and long term liabilities portions. The useful life of the assets is directly reflected in their depreciation schedules.