KudoZ home » Spanish to English » Construction / Civil Engineering


English translation: bubble (in this context)


Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
Spanish term or phrase:huevera
English translation:bubble (in this context)
Entered by: Lydia De Jorge
- Contribute to this entry
- Include in personal glossary

16:45 Mar 27, 2007
Spanish to English translations [PRO]
Tech/Engineering - Construction / Civil Engineering / Bill of Quantities for a villa
Spanish term or phrase: huevera
The word occurs in the following item in a BoQ:
Pintura bitusa impermeabilizante para forjado sanitario e incluso protector huevera.
The normal meaning of huevera does not seem to make sense here.
Also, I think 'bitusa' should be 'bituminosa', but if anyone knows differently please feel free to say so.
Ronnie Halpern
Local time: 12:28
bubbleing (in this context)
Selected response from:

Lydia De Jorge
United States
Local time: 07:28
Grading comment
Thanks Lydia. I think Taña's suggestion is slightly more appropriate here.
2 KudoZ points were awarded for this answer


Summary of answers provided
4bubbleing (in this context)
Lydia De Jorge
1bituminosa / something that looks like?Margarita M. Martínez

Discussion entries: 4



18 mins   confidence: Answerer confidence 4/5Answerer confidence 4/5
bubbleing (in this context)


Lydia De Jorge
United States
Local time: 07:28
Native speaker of: Native in SpanishSpanish, Native in EnglishEnglish
PRO pts in category: 110
Grading comment
Thanks Lydia. I think Taña's suggestion is slightly more appropriate here.
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

17 mins   confidence: Answerer confidence 1/5Answerer confidence 1/5
bituminosa / something that looks like?

I am quite sure that you are right regarding "bituminosa". Bitusa does not exist and there are quite a lot of occurences in Google for "pintura bituminosa" as "impermebilizante" that properly fits in your text.

Regarding the "huevera" (egg cup) I cannot imagine but something that looks like this and must be water protected or waterproofed.

Do you have something looking like an egg cup in your text?

Good luck (hope this helps!)


Note added at 55 mins (2007-03-27 17:41:15 GMT)

Mira, Ronnie, te conseguí lo siguiente:


In Venezuela, and mainly in Caracas where you have hills and mountains everywhere and soils are not very firm, you must cut mountains to construct roads and hightways, and the "sides" of these cuts are very unstable and need to drain big amounts of water (if not they will fall upon the roads, cars, people...) so they make a kind of concrete walls, with kind of bulbs (lumps, bulks) that either have studs to maintain the ground in place or tubes to drain the water. As a whole and from a certain distance they may look as an egg carton, gray and with this kind of cups regularly placed. Look at the link and maybe you can find an adequate word for this in Englsh. There must be one...

If you look for "huevera" "impermeable" in Google there are many occurrences but not all refer to architecture as this one but there are many regarding "type egg cup" or similars. I did not find the same results in English but maybe that I am not using the right words.


Margarita M. Martínez
Local time: 08:28
Specializes in field
Native speaker of: Native in SpanishSpanish
Notes to answerer
Asker: Gracias Margarita. La idea de Taña me parece más adecuada en el contexto.

Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Return to KudoZ list

KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search