KudoZ home » Spanish to English » Cooking / Culinary

Sentence/frase

English translation: a mixture of 600 g sugar and 400 g rock salt

Advertisement

Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
12:07 Oct 21, 2006
Spanish to English translations [PRO]
Cooking / Culinary
Spanish term or phrase: Sentence/frase
Se marinan los lomos de sardina con una proporción de 60% de azúcar y el 40% restante de sal gorda en una cantidad de 1 kilo.

Am having trouble wording this - my efforts so far:

Marinate the sardine fillets in 1kg of 6 parts sugar and 4 parts rock salt

Suggestions much appreciated,

Thanks :)
Lisa Roberts
France
Local time: 12:16
English translation:a mixture of 600 g sugar and 400 g rock salt
Explanation:
a possibility

--------------------------------------------------
Note added at 10 mins (2006-10-21 12:17:48 GMT)
--------------------------------------------------

"marinade in..."
Selected response from:

SteveW
Spain
Local time: 12:16
Grading comment
Of course! Thanks Steve - was having a bit of a block ;)
4 KudoZ points were awarded for this answer

Advertisement


Summary of answers provided
3 +7a mixture of 600 g sugar and 400 g rock saltSteveW
5 +1Sentence
Sonia Gomes
5Cover the sardine fillets in a marinade, made with 60g sugar and a 40g rock salt.
Blanca Hueso


  

Answers


8 mins   confidence: Answerer confidence 3/5Answerer confidence 3/5 peer agreement (net): +7
a mixture of 600 g sugar and 400 g rock salt


Explanation:
a possibility

--------------------------------------------------
Note added at 10 mins (2006-10-21 12:17:48 GMT)
--------------------------------------------------

"marinade in..."

SteveW
Spain
Local time: 12:16
Native speaker of: Native in EnglishEnglish
PRO pts in category: 19
Grading comment
Of course! Thanks Steve - was having a bit of a block ;)

Peer comments on this answer (and responses from the answerer)
agree  jlrsnyder: direct and precise
6 mins
  -> thank you!

agree  Lisa Mann: absolutely!
32 mins

agree  David Brown
48 mins

agree  Marsha Wilkie
52 mins

agree  Carol Gullidge
1 hr

agree  Robert Copeland
1 hr

agree  Xenia Wong
1 hr
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

12 mins   confidence: Answerer confidence 5/5 peer agreement (net): +1
Sentence


Explanation:
This should read as,

Marinate the fillets of sardine in a marinade that consists of 60% sugar and the the remaining 40% of rock salt in a quantity of 1Kg

From a person who is an avid TV Culinary show couch potato.

Regards,

Sonia

Sonia Gomes
Local time: 15:46
Native speaker of: Native in EnglishEnglish, Native in PortuguesePortuguese
PRO pts in category: 3

Peer comments on this answer (and responses from the answerer)
agree  Vanesa Camarasa
3 hrs
  -> Thank you very much
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

7 mins   confidence: Answerer confidence 5/5
Cover the sardine fillets in a marinade, made with 60g sugar and a 40g rock salt.


Explanation:
60g = 60% of a kg
This will do if they're indeed using 1kg of marinade, if it's more than that you could say 'Cover ... in a marinade made with 6 parts of sugar and 4 parts of salt to a kilo'

--------------------------------------------------
Note added at 23 minutos (2006-10-21 12:30:28 GMT)
--------------------------------------------------

Doh! It's 600g and 400g... stupid math... (sorry...)

Blanca Hueso
Local time: 11:16
Specializes in field
Native speaker of: Native in SpanishSpanish
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)




Return to KudoZ list


KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.



See also:



Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search