Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.
You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
|Spanish to English translations [Non-PRO]|
|Spanish term or phrase: dia de los padres|
|English translation:Father's Day|
Usually the 17 of March in Spain, since it is St. Peter's (Jesus father) day.
Selected response from:
4 KudoZ points were awarded for this answer
NO NO NO -- The answer you selected contains many errors:
1) The husband of Jesus's mother Mary (and therefore Jesus's earthly father) was Joseph, not Peter.
2) St. Joseph's day is March 19 (which is also the traditional day on which the swallowas return to Capistrano).
3) St. Peter's day is June 29.
4) March 17 is St. Patrick's day.
5) In the U.S., Father's Day is celebrated on the third Sunday in June.
Local time: 15:24
Native speaker of: English
PRO pts in pair: 843
|Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)|
Return to KudoZ list
KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.
Search millions of term translations