KudoZ home » Spanish to English » Tech/Engineering

toule ondule

English translation: that's french


Login or register (free and only takes a few minutes) to participate in this question.

You will also have access to many other tools and opportunities designed for those who have language-related jobs
(or are passionate about them). Participation is free and the site has a strict confidentiality policy.
05:41 Oct 29, 2002
Spanish to English translations [Non-PRO]
Spanish term or phrase: toule ondule
Don't really know what language this is. Context: "It also resisted the vibration of the "toule ondule" in the Sahara Desert, survived a bath in the Niger River during a canoe rollover (the canoe was well packed, however), and it always boots to work without a blink." This is talking about a laptop.
Li-chuan Yen
Local time: 13:32
English translation:that's french
deals with the bad state of the roads in these countries
Selected response from:

Albert Golub
Local time: 07:32
Grading comment
Thank you.
4 KudoZ points were awarded for this answer


Summary of answers provided
4 +2that's frenchAlbert Golub
5washboard ground or ridged groundJane Lamb-Ruiz



20 mins   confidence: Answerer confidence 4/5Answerer confidence 4/5 peer agreement (net): +2
that's french

deals with the bad state of the roads in these countries

Albert Golub
Local time: 07:32
Native speaker of: French
PRO pts in pair: 146
Grading comment
Thank you.

Peer comments on this answer (and responses from the answerer)
agree  LoreAC
6 hrs

agree  Louise Dupont: very bad french: tôle ondulée
5 days
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

10 hrs   confidence: Answerer confidence 5/5
washboard ground or ridged ground

when roads have ridges in them, roads that are dirt roads or sand roads, or just outback areas with ridges from sand or dirt, we say, the ground is a washboard, tole ondule is a kind of metal roofing material but here the correct term is washboard. A washboard has ridges and if you drive over a road with washboard ridges, it is extremely uncomfortable

Note added at 2002-10-29 16:21:07 (GMT)

the roof thing in English is Corrugated aluminum and tôle ondulé is the French term, and it has ridges in it like a washboard

Note added at 2002-10-29 16:21:32 (GMT)

you could also say: bumpy ridges in the ground

Jane Lamb-Ruiz
Native speaker of: Native in EnglishEnglish, Native in PortuguesePortuguese
PRO pts in pair: 7709
Login to enter a peer comment (or grade)

Return to KudoZ list

KudoZ™ translation help
The KudoZ network provides a framework for translators and others to assist each other with translations or explanations of terms and short phrases.

See also:

Term search
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search