Member since Dec '07
English to French
French to English
| ||November 2014 || |
| || || || || || ||1|
|30|| || || || || || |
| Usha KAIAVA TIROUVANZIAM |
PhD Science & 5 years Medical School
Local time: 04:33 CET (GMT+1)
| || |
medical biology biochemistry , experience and quality
| Freelancer, Verified member |
|Translation, Editing/proofreading, Transcription, Project management|
|Biology (-tech,-chem,micro-)||Medical (general)|
|Medical: Pharmaceuticals||Medical: Health Care|
|Environment & Ecology||Nutrition|
|Also works in:|
|General / Conversation / Greetings / Letters||Medical: Cardiology|
|Psychology||Tourism & Travel|
|Journalism||Poetry & Literature|
|Geology||Food & Drink|
|Cooking / Culinary||Certificates, Diplomas, Licenses, CVs|
| PRO-level points: 190, Questions answered: 151, Questions asked: 1 |
| glossaire _biomed_UKT |
|Other - PhD in Sciences, University of Lausanne, Switzerland. Medical school, Faculty of Medicine Cochin-Port Royal, Paris 5, France. |
|Years of translation experience: 25. Registered at ProZ.com: Mar 2005. Became a member: Dec 2007.|
|English to French (PhD Sciences, verified)|
|Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Wordfast|
|CV available upon request|
| Conferences attended |
| Formation Wordfast pour Débutants (Niveau 1) [download]|
Comparison and analysis of CAT tools: Trados, Wordfast , Across, memoQ and Déjà vu. [download]
| Usha KAIAVA TIROUVANZIAM endorses ProZ.com's Professional Guidelines. |
Working languages: French (mother tongue), English (fluent)
Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Wordfast
5 years medical studies, 10 years experience in laboratory research (biochemistry, immunology, molecular biology, cell biology, clinical trials)
clinical trials, PIS and ICF, package inserts of in vitro diagnostic products, pharmaceutical patents, EMEA, MSDS, labels, scientific tenders, reports and literature
Diplomas and qualifications in biomedical field:
Ph.D. (1994): Cell Biology/Immunology (Institute of Biochemistry, University of Lausanne, Switzerland)
Master’s degree (1989): Biology, specialization Biochemistry (Institute of Biochemistry, Univ. of Lausanne, Switzerland)
Certificate of Higher Education (1988): Biochemistry (Faculty of Science, Univ. of Lausanne, Switzerland)
Medical Studies (1978-84): Five years of medical school (Faculty of Medicine Cochin Port-Royal, Univ. René Descartes Paris 5, France).
1995-97: Post-doctorant fellow in cellular Biology/Immunology (Laboratory of Prof. N. Fasel, Institute of Biochemistry, University of Lausanne, Switzerland).
First assistant of practical course in Biochemistry for students in the faculty of Pharmacy and Medicine (Faculty of Medicine, Lausanne, Switzerland).
1989-94: Graduate student in cellular Biology/Immunology (Laboratory of Prof. G. Corradin, Inst. of Biochemistry, Univ. of Lausanne, Switzerland).
Qualified assistant of practical course for students in the faculty of Pharmacy and Medicine (Faculty of Medicine, Lausanne, Switzerland).
1988-89: Undergraduate student in Sciences (Laboratory of Dr J.- P. Kraehenbuhl, Inst. of Biochemistry, Univ. of Lausanne, Switzerland).
1981-84: Non resident student in Medicine (Faculty of Medicine of Cochin Port-Royal, Univ. René Descartes, Paris 5, France).
References available upon request.
1. G. Tuchscherer, C.Servis, G. Corradin, U. Blum, J, Rivier and Mr. Mutter. (1992). Total chemical synthesis, characterization and immunological properties of an MHC class I model using the TASP concept for protein de novo design. Protein Science, 1:1277 - 1286.
2. U. Blum-Tirouvanziam, C. Beghdadi-Rais, Mr. A. Roggero, D. Valmori, S. Bertholet, C. Bron, N. Fasel and G. Corradin. (1994). Elicitation of specific cytotoxic T cells by immunization with malaria soluble synthetic polypeptides. The Journal of Immunology, 153:4134 - 4141.
3. U. Blum-Tirouvanziam, C. Servis, A. Habluetzel, D. Valmori, Y. Men, F. Esposito, L. Del Nero, N. Holmes, N. Fasel and G. Corradin. (1995). Localization of HLA-A2.1-restricted T cell epitopes in the circumsporozoite protein of Plasmodium falciparum. The Journal of Immunology, 154:3922 - 3931.
4. Mr. A. Roggero, B. Filippi, P. Church, S.L. Hoffman, U. Blum-Tirouvanziam, J.A. Lopez, F. Esposito, H. Matile, C.D. Reymond, N. Fasel and G. Corradin. (1995). Synthesis and immunological characterization of 104-mer and 102-mer peptides corresponding to the N- and C-terminal regions of the P. falciparum CS protein. Molecular Immunology, 32:1301 - 1309.
5. N. Solioz, U. Blum-Tirouvanziam, R. Jacquet, S. Rafati, G. Corradin, J. Mauel and N. Fasel. (2000). The protective capacities of histone H1 against experimental murine cutaneous leishmaniasis. Vaccine, 18:850 - 859.
1989-94 (Doctorate) and 1996-1997 (Post-doctorate): World Health Organization Special program for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases, United Nations Developing Program, World Bank
|This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.|
|Total pts earned: 202|
PRO-level pts: 190
|English to French||190|
|Top general fields (PRO)|
|Top specific fields (PRO)|
|Medical: Health Care||28|
|General / Conversation / Greetings / Letters||8|
|Environment & Ecology||4|
|Pts in 1 more fld >|
See all points earned >
Keywords: scientific, life science, botany, biology, molecular biology, cell biology, immunology, immunization, immunity, malaria, leishmaniosis, HIV, adjuvant, vaccine, synthetic peptide, antigen, antibody, B and T lymphocyte, histocompatibility, graft, lymphokine, immune response, immunocytochemistry, labelling, biochemistry, protein, tridimensional structure, clinical trial, pharmaceutical, pharmacology, SPC, PIL, treatment, medicine, anatomy, histology, physiology, cardiology, pneumology, infectious diseases, tropical diseases, endocrinology, neurology, dermatology, urology, nephrology, health, general.
Profile last updated