English to CzechCzech to EnglishSlovak to English Lithuanian to CzechGerman to Czech
| Freelancer, Verified site user |
|Translation, Interpreting, Editing/proofreading, Subtitling|
|Cinema, Film, TV, Drama||Poetry & Literature|
|Geography||Tourism & Travel|
|Linguistics||Transport / Transportation / Shipping|
|Also works in:|
|Business/Commerce (general)||Paper / Paper Manufacturing|
|Science (general)||Government / Politics|
|Education / Pedagogy||Social Science, Sociology, Ethics, etc.|
| GBP |
| PRO-level points: 8, Questions answered: 3, Questions asked: 15 |
|Years of translation experience: 3. Registered at ProZ.com: Aug 2009.|
|Microsoft Word, SDL TRADOS, SDLX|
| SDL Trados Studio 2009 Getting Started for Translators |
Localisation Project Management - “Make it clear, keep it simple, make it happen.”
Localisation Project Management - Process and Tools [download]
Localisation Project Management - Planning
Localisation Project Management - Team [download]
Localisation Project Management - Communication [download]
Localisation Project Management - Project execution [download]
Native Czech speaker, resident and working in the UK since 2003; experienced in providing outstanding translation and interpreting services using legal, industrial and social services vocabulary. Professional, self-motivated and responsive to clients’ needs, priorities and deadlines. Diploma in Translation and MA in Philology.
• Provided English pages for a Czech website designed to attract English-speaking customers.
• Provided English text for promotional leaflets containing technical printing and branding guidelines for a sporting product company.
• Translated EU documents (ex decisions, explanatory memorandums, agreements, invitations to a public hearing, fact sheets, regulations, opinions, notices) from English into Czech for publication in official legal journals.
• Translated reports (ex Hearing Impairment, Psychologist), minutes of meetings (Child Protection/ Child in Need/ Child at Risk), SEN statements and other documents from English into Czech and Slovak for local authority’s social service and education departments.
• Interpreted between German and Czech speakers in a financial business meeting for German owned Czech clothing manufacturer. Accompanied a tour of factory, facilitated discussion of quality control and the production process.
• Provided Finnish/ Czech/ German/ English interpreting services at meetings and conversations between engineers, managers and staff on technical details of building a production line at a paper mill and the repair/ construction of systems and machinery at a district heating plant.
• Conducted language proficiency testing by telephone interview and reported on candidates’ capabilities for a recruitment agency.
• Taught Czech language skills to expatriate Finnish and German employees of a telecom company over a four year period.
• Proofread and checked translations of EU documents into Czech prior submission for publication.
Keywords: social services, SEN report, child protection, child in need, government, community, subtitling, Czech, Slovak, English, Lithuanian, Finnish, German, EU
Profile last updated
Mar 17, 2013