Member since Feb '14
English to Russian
Russian to English
| Freelancer, Verified member |
|Translation, Interpreting, Editing/proofreading, Training|
|Sports / Fitness / Recreation||Marketing / Market Research|
|Textiles / Clothing / Fashion||Advertising / Public Relations|
|Tourism & Travel||Cosmetics, Beauty|
|International Org/Dev/Coop||Law (general)|
|Law: Contract(s)||Business/Commerce (general)|
|Also works in:|
|Automotive / Cars & Trucks||Real Estate|
|Government / Politics||General / Conversation / Greetings / Letters|
|Food & Drink||Finance (general)|
|Environment & Ecology||Cooking / Culinary|
English to Russian - Rates: 0.05 - 0.06 USD per word / 35 - 50 USD per hour
Russian to English - Rates: 0.07 - 0.08 USD per word / 35 - 50 USD per hour
|Visa, Wire transfer, MasterCard, PayPal, Skrill|
|Master's degree - Baltic university of foreign languages and intercultural cooperation BUFLIC, linguist and translator/interpreter|
|Years of translation experience: 9. Registered at ProZ.com: Jun 2010. Became a member: Feb 2014.|
|Russian to English (BUFLIC, verified)|
English to Russian (BUFLIC, verified)
|Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Photoshop, MemoQ, MemSource Cloud, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office Pro, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, SDL TRADOS, SDLX, Wordfast|
| Valeria Burova endorses ProZ.com's Professional Guidelines. |
Linguist, translator and interpreter, PR, marketing and advertising specialist.
Please, see my web site at www.valeriaburova.com
With years of experience establishing business contacts at all levels within the Russian and international PR community, I know what the industry expects linguistically. I am well suited to working in teams or independently. I am exceptionally energetic, exhibit a rational creative approach, flourish studying new fields, and in the right work environment I quickly find a sense of purpose. This, coupled with my strong understanding of English and exceptional Russian editing skills, makes me an ideal candidate for any multinational team.
My strength lies in my ability to provide natural Russian texts, translating the message for maximum appeal to the target audience rather than providing an accurate but over-literal translation. This is an important requirement in my specialist areas.
Terminology banks for regular clients: this approach allows to ensure consistency in terminology, style, localization and formatting.
Official marketing materials for Procter & Gamble, Vertu, the North Face, Starwood hotels, Wella, BOSH, Booking.com, Agoda.com, Sobaka magazine, Dubai and Maldives luxury hotels, Lancome, Estee Lauder, Hankook, Rado, Sebastian Professional, Sheremetyevo international airport.
• Eurologos − International language service provider
• Lionbridge − World's leading vendor of translation and localization services
• Eclectic Translations − Boutique language service
• Ego Translating http://egotranslating.com
• All Languages Ltd − Canadian language-service provider
• GTL Media Inc. − USA localization company
• thebigword Group Plc. − UK language solution provider
• INLION Translation Group − Chinese translation agency
• Lumen LSP − Canadian language service provider
• Expertrans − Vietnamese language service provider
• GM Voices − Telecommunications, localization, USA
• TranslateMedia − UK Language service provider
• TransPerfect − International Language services and technology solutions provider
• Tactegis − UK legal translation provider
• Language Connect − UK language service provider
• Traductanet − International translation company
Clients and projects:
• Booking.com −Leading European system of online hotel booking
• MUEHLE − Beauty care products, Russia
• UTROS − Non-profit charitable organization
• Italian company DRASS – Manufacturer of underwater diving equipment
• Sever LLC − St Petersburg based ecological company
• ARMS JSC − Uranium holding
• Ministry of Economic Development, Russia
• Ministry of Justice of Russia
• Procter & Gamble
• Estee Lauder
• Sheremetyevo International airport
• SPIEF 2010 − Saint Petersburg International Economic Forum
• Sobaka magazine www.sobaka.ru
• TED.com − American non-profit foundation
• Mixmag web music magazine
References available upon request.
- Open to international travel and business development projects outside of my location.
- 8 years of experience in marketing, PR and advertising industry.
- Diploma of a hairdresser.
Keywords: marketing, advertising, fashion, hairdressing, creative translation, tourism, hotel booking, public administration, European affairs, EU affairs, European Union, international organisations, cooperation, exhibitions, translation, translating, localization, localisation, transcreation, proofreading, proofreader, editing, editor, website, flyer, brochure, leaflet, e-commerce, online, hotel, campsite, camping, restaurant, hospitality, H&C, catering, caterer, cuisine, cooking, gastronomy, gourmet, travel, estate agent, estate agency, luxury goods, luxury, real estate, property, business, trade, general, sales, commerce, commercial, business, document, environment, ecology, press release, interview, journalism, haircuts, legal, finance, invoice, statement, content, copywriting, holiday home, presentation, financial statements, business correspondence, letter of guarantee, law, contract, legal documents, beauty care, cosmetics, hair care, styling, marketing research, market research, prestige beauty, beauty and care, corporate documents, luxury segment, fashion market, slogan, premium segment, media
Profile last updated