Member since Aug '03
English to UkrainianEnglish to RussianSpanish to UkrainianSpanish to RussianRussian to Ukrainian German to UkrainianUkrainian to RussianGerman to RussianItalian to RussianItalian to Ukrainian
| Oleg Rudavin |
ProZ.com Professional Trainer
Russian and Ukrainian Translator
Local time: 08:29 EEST (GMT+3)
| || |
Professional approach & nearly 30 years of experience
| Freelancer, Verified member|
This person previously served as a ProZ.com moderator.
|Blue Board: Oleg Rudavin Translations / formerly: Tlumach |
|Translation, Interpreting, Editing/proofreading|
|Engineering (general)||Environment & Ecology|
|International Org/Dev/Coop||Engineering: Industrial|
|Petroleum Eng/Sci||Marketing / Market Research|
|Business/Commerce (general)||Law: Contract(s)|
|Mechanics / Mech Engineering|
|Also works in:|
|Government / Politics||Management|
|Medical: Health Care||Printing & Publishing|
|Tourism & Travel||Law: Patents, Trademarks, Copyright|
|Cooking / Culinary||Human Resources|
|Electronics / Elect Eng||Construction / Civil Engineering|
|Energy / Power Generation||Nuclear Eng/Sci|
|Advertising / Public Relations||Aerospace / Aviation / Space|
|Automotive / Cars & Trucks||Chemistry; Chem Sci/Eng|
| English to Ukrainian - Rates: 0.12 - 0.15 EUR per word / 35 - 45 EUR per hour|
English to Russian - Rates: 0.12 - 0.15 EUR per word / 35 - 45 EUR per hour
Spanish to Ukrainian - Rates: 0.12 - 0.15 EUR per word / 35 - 45 EUR per hour
Spanish to Russian - Rates: 0.12 - 0.15 EUR per word / 35 - 45 EUR per hour
Russian to Ukrainian - Rates: 0.12 - 0.15 EUR per word / 35 - 45 EUR per hour
German to Ukrainian - Rates: 0.12 - 0.15 EUR per word / 35 - 45 EUR per hour
Ukrainian to Russian - Rates: 0.12 - 0.15 EUR per word / 35 - 45 EUR per hour
German to Russian - Rates: 0.12 - 0.15 EUR per word / 35 - 45 EUR per hour
Italian to Russian - Rates: 0.12 - 0.15 EUR per word / 35 - 45 EUR per hour
Italian to Ukrainian - Rates: 0.12 - 0.15 EUR per word / 35 - 45 EUR per hour
| EUR |
| PRO-level points: 2091, Questions answered: 1352, Questions asked: 224 |
| 4 projects entered 3 positive feedback from outsourcers |
|Project Details||Project Summary||Corroboration|
Volume: 20000 words
Duration: Nov 2005 to Jan 2006
English to Russian
|Operation Manual for Bladder Tank Proportioning System |
Ongoing translation of Operation Manual for Bladder Tank Proportioning System
| No comment.|
Volume: 0 days
Duration: Jun 2007 to Dec 2007
Italian to Russian
|Ca. 25 manuals to different machines comprising a production line|
Over 20 manuals to different machines making up an automatic profile production line.
Electronics / Elect Eng, Engineering: Industrial, Mechanics / Mech Engineering
Blue Board outsourcer (10 to 20 entries): No comment.
Volume: 70 pages
Duration: Sep 2007 to Feb 2008
English to Russian
|Translation of a series of manuals of audio systems|
Translation of a series of manuals of up-do-date sound systems for domestic use
Furniture / Household Appliances
Blue Board outsourcer (20 to 50 entries): He is a very professional, meticulous and realiable translator. It's a pleasure working with him due to his good attitude and willingness to work.
Volume: 0 days
Duration: Jun 2003 to Dec 2007
English to Russian
|Translation of project materials between EN and RU|
Translation of diversified documentation under several oilfield development projects
Mechanics / Mech Engineering, Mining & Minerals / Gems, Petroleum Eng/Sci
Blue Board outsourcer (20 to 50 entries): Fast response time, large volumes and high quality of translation
|Sample translations submitted: 1 |
|English to Russian: Medical|
|Source text - English|
High rates of avascular necrosis (AVN) and non union are common complications in displaced fractures of the femoral neck. Even when non-displaced there is no assurance that a fracture of the femoral neck may be treated in satisfactorily. One of the key reasons for the problematic nature of these fractures from the therapeutic aspect is that the surgeon has less control over AVN, because of disturbances to blood flow to the femoral head that occur following femoral neck fracture.
Femoral neck fractures are frequently intracapsular and the synovial fluid bathing the fracture may interfere with the healing process. Moreover, all healing must take place endo-osteally, in view of the fact that the femoral neck has essentially no periosteal layer. Finally, angionic inhibiting factors in synovial fluid can also inhibit fracture repair. All of these factors together with the aforementioned precarious blood supply to the femoral head result in unpredictable healing and a subsequent fairly high incidence of non-union.
|Translation - Russian|
Распространенными осложнениями при смещенных переломах шейки бедра являются бессосудистый некроз и несращение кости. Даже при отсутствии смещения нет гарантии качественного восстановления шейки бедра. Одна из основных причин, осложняющих такие переломы с терапевтической точки зрения, заключается в том, что хирург не имеет возможности влиять на бессосудистый некроз из-за нарушений потока крови в головке бедра, происходящих после перелома шейки.
Переломы шейки бедра часто бывают интракапсулярными, и синовиальная жидкость, омывающая место перелома, может препятствовать процессу заживления. Более того, заживление должно происходить внутрикостно ввиду того, что шейка бедра, по сути, не имеет периостального слоя. И наконец, восстановлению кости могут препятствовать и ангионические ингибирующие факторы в синовиальной жидкости. Результатом действия всех этих факторов на фоне упоминавшейся выше неустойчивой подачи крови к головке бедра являются непредсказуемость процесса заживления и весьма высокий процент несращения кости.
|Master's degree - Kharkov State University - ATA listed - click here|
|Years of translation experience: 23. Registered at ProZ.com: Feb 2001. Became a member: Aug 2003.|
|English to Russian (Kharkov State University, verified)|
German to Russian (Kharkov State University, verified)
English to Ukrainian (Kharkov State University, verified)
German to Ukrainian (Kharkov State University, verified)
|Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat 6.0, PageMaker, WS_FTP Pro, Powerpoint, SDL TRADOS|
| 1198 forum posts|
| Conferences organizedConference presentations|
- Региональная Конференция ProZ.com в Харькове - Фриланс: общее представление / Freelance: General Concepts, Фриланс: новые формы работы / Freelance: New Forms of Operation
- 6th ProZ.com Conference - Ohrid 2009 - Psychological implications of freelancing, Psychological implications of freelancing (cont.)
- ProZ.com Netherlands Conference 2009 - Psychological Implications of Freelancing, Freelance Career Building: from a Newbie to a Six-digit Annual Income
- ProZ.com Austria Conference - Vienna 2009 - Running a Freelance Business: Frequently Overlooked Aspects
- III Congrès annuel de ProZ.com en France - Nice 2009 - Freelance Career Building: from a Newbie to a Six-digit Annual Income
- 7th ProZ.com Conference - Prague 2010 - The Future of Our Profession: What to do - accept, adapt or choose another occupation...
- ProZ.com Ukraine conference 2011 - Есть ли жизнь вне фриланса, или оцифровка жизненных целей - Is there Life Beyond Freelancing, or Digitalization of Personal Aims
- Практический семинар ProZ.com для начинающих переводчиков - Фриланс для переводчиков как способ осуществления профессиональной деятельности.
- Translator Boot Camp - Before starting as a freelance translator, Freelance translator’s career development , Client hunting
- ProZ.com 2014 international conference - Pisa, Italy - Diversification as a Way to New Income-Generating Sources for Freelancers
- Региональная конференция ProZ.com в Харькове, Украина - Монетизация знаний, умений и навыков, или что продавать
- Практический семинар ProZ.com для начинающих переводчиков - Переводчик завтра: риски и возможности
- ProZ.com 2016 international conference - Stockholm, Sweden - 30 Years in Translation: Evolving Together with the Industry
| Marketing techniques for translators [download] |
| Oleg Rudavin endorses ProZ.com's Professional Guidelines (v1.1). |
+380 (57) 7146150 (work) +380 50 301 5356 (mobile)
Если вам интересны мои мысли о переводе как отрасли и фрилансе как способе осуществления бизнес-деятельности, загляните на мой блог
Visit my blog
for a Russian & English mixture of publications on the translation industry and freelancing.
My main areas of specialization include oil & gas, technical/engineering, and marketing. Revently, there's a growing proportion of translations related to renewable energy & ecology. Available for consecutive interpreting.
Secondary areas: automotive, business, agriculture, governmental (anti-terrorism, AIDS, energy), cuisine, tourism.
Very extensive experience in various technical sectors. Perfect Russian and Ukrainian.
Working with SDL Trados 2007, 2009 Studio.
I'm restoring my formerly good intepreting skills with the intention of rejoining the pool of simultaneous intepreters (EN <> UKR/RU). The first few experiences including an assignment in Brussels at Young Europeans Award on Sept 20 proved to be quite positive.
Author of several books, including Internet Freelancing: Practical Guide for Translators in English and Russian, published in 2008. See an independent review of Internet Freelancing by Kevin Lossner
Fiction (over 30 books published including Stephen King's Rose Madder and Dark Tower).
Profound University education + language practice in Manchester, UK. Extensive & diversified experience.
QA procedures strictly adhered to.
REVIEW OF THE PAST TRANSLATION EXPERIENCE Oil & Gas
• Kashagan, Vankor, Sakhalin, Caspian oil and gas deposit development projects
— Including documents on drencher and sprinkler systems, alarm & notification, process flowcharts, procurement, material and equipment specifications, datasheets, welding procedures and control, pumping systems, contracts, bladder tank proportioning system, tender bids, environmental surveys, design and development documentation, land reclamation, mining, GOST, SNiP standards
• Diversified marketing and advertising materials
— Booklets, leaflets, catalogues, websites, materials for fairs and exhibitions
— Industrial equipment; office furniture; environmental protection; household equipment & consumer electronics
— Market reviews
• Installation, operation, service and maintenance manuals for
— Pipe bending machines, vibration mixers, capsule filling machine, PET bottle production line, plastics manufacturing machine, UV dryers, sanding, profiling, honing, polishing, painting machines, CNC machines, packaging machines
— Heating, ventilating, air conditioning system, solenoid valves and pumps, programmable gauges, interfaces and probes
— Acoustic signature equipment
— Documentation and manuals for equipment supplied for Chernobyl Power Station
— Ozone generators, pumps, heat exchangers, thermosyphons
Business, Company Policies, Training, Politics
• Training materials, presentations, online training courses
— Several anti-harassment, anti-discrimination training courses, anti-terrorism (over 2,000.000 words in several years
— Company profiles, policies on accounting, delegation of authority, control, etc.
— Various contracts, economical analysis, reviews, business proposals, feasibility studies
— Material for local and international political and business conferences
• Production of plastics, heat-shrinkable films, PET bottles, SOP of a chromatography method of substance identification, MSDS, safety procedures, additives
• DVD players, LCD monitors & TV’s, refrigerators, gas stoves, hobs, video cameras; HP equipment translation & localization, cell phones, Blootooth, iPOD, MP3, wireless devices and accessories
General medicine Miscellaneous
• A set of tender documentation for a mail exchange facility
• User manual, graphic interface for automated traffic control system
• Survey for mineral exploration
• CSTV systems
Turnaround - I once translated 18,000 words within 24 hours but will never agree to do it again! So basically it's 2,500-3,000 words a day.
Free sample translation of up to 200 words or small jobs as a token of future cooperation.
Please contact me with a sample for a precise quote.
My work record includes short periods when I worked at a construction site laying bricks and mixing concrete; as an apprentice of a turner at a machine-building factory; I operated a printing machine; I got inside a tank to see where a particular part is installed... This experience comes handy - even if the word itself is strange I often know what it is!
MAJOR RECENT PROJECTS
* Translation of Anti-Harassment, Anti-Discrimination Training Course for employees
* A set of tender documentation for a mail exchange facility, Italian into Russian, 80 pages
* Translation of www.brahma.com into Russian
* A series of marketing and advertising materials on clothes designers, fashions, etc, English/Italian into Russian
* A selection of manuals for pipe bending machines, vibration mixers, capsule filling machine, ca. 600 pages in 2006
* Medical reviews, prompts for patient event reporting facility, English into Ukrainian
* Manual for PET bottle production line
* Plastics manufacturing machine manual, Italian into Russian, 63 pages; heating, ventilating, air conditioning system manual, 40 pages
* User’s Manual, Graphic Interface for automated traffic control system, Spanish into Russian, ca, 20,000 words
* A set of Operation & Maintenance Manuals + supplements for Bladder Tank Proportioning System
* Management - Translation of an e-shop, French into Russian, ca. 300,000 words
* Analysis of WTO membership impact for Ukrainian economy, English into Ukrainian, ca. 12,000 words
* Documents for welding procedures, inspection, etc, for Kashagan Development Project, English into Russian - ongoing
* SOP of a chromatography method of substance identification, 3,500 words
* Survey for Mineral Exploration, 8,000 words English into Russian
* Company profile, review of operations, business proposal of a company dealing in communications infrastructure (design and installation of communication masts and towers), English into Russian: later the company won the tender and it continued with documentation for Kazakhstan – China crude oil pipeline project: engineering, procurement & construction of SCADA & telecommunication system and experimental Kashagan development program, English into Russian, ongoing
* Translation of Installation and Operation manuals for several programmable gauges, interfaces and probes for Enraf, Holland; English into Russian, ca. 180 pages.
* Safety Data Sheets for several ATARFIL S.L. (Granada) products
* Website content related to environmental protection
* Yearly financial and auditing report for Cardif S.A., ca. 5,000 words, French into Russian
* Translation of materials on wood processing machinery for Hannover Exhibition, German into Russian, 12,000 words
* Translation of PowerPoint presentations of a new treatment method for femoral neck fractures
* Manuals for solenoid valves and pumps, English into Russian, ca. 25,000 words
* Review of a DVD player User Manual, English into Ukrainian; translation of camcorder User Manual
* Translation of Operation Manuals for wood processing equipment, 36,000 words, German into Russian
* Translation of a furniture catalogue, French into Russian, ca, 14,000 words
* Translation of manuals for packaging machines, ca. 40,000 words, German into Russian
* Translation of Operation Manuals for turning machines, ca. 80 pages, Frenach/German into Russian,
* 15,000 words translation/localization project for HP equipment, English into Ukrainian
* Assorted IT translations into Russian and Ukrainian
* Review of the Food Packaging Market in Russia; translation
* Editing of a User Manual for cryosurgical equipment, ca. 90 pages, English into Russian; regular translations on Capsule Endoscopy (manuals, presentations)
* Manuals for FlowServe Pump Systems, regular, English into Russian
* Linguistic review of medical translations, regular
* Sakhalin-1 and other oil field development projects (via Moscow and Canadian agencies), English into Russian and Russian into English – environmental surveys, design and development documentation, land reclamation, mining, oil & gas producing and processing equipment, etc
* Manuals for mobile phones, Bluetooth devices & accessories, regularly, for different clients
* Tender bids for oil & gas field exploration on the island of Sakhalin, in the Caspian and Black sea, ongoing, English into Russian and Russian into English
* Translation of materials (word.docs and PPT presentations) for WMD Border Guard Executive Seminar for Ukraine at the International Law Academy, Budapest, Hungary; English into Ukrainian, ca. 15,000 words; translation/localization of Operation Manual and software for Acoustic Signature System equipment, 8,000 words, English into Ukrainian; manuals for testing equipment, 26,000 words, English into Ukrainian; Lawyer's Company profile, English into Ukrainian, 12,000 words
* Translation (as a member of a translators’ team) of materials for the UN International Conference of New and Restored Democracies, English into Russian, 41,000 words
* Translation of a set of Ukrainian laws and governmental decrees (ca. 300 pages), Ukrainian into English, for a US governmental client
* Translation of technical manuals for ozone generators, pumps, heat exchangers, thermosyphons and other equipment, ca. 650 pages, English/German into Russian
[*]Translation of technical documentation and manuals for equipment supplied for Chernobyl Power Station, (via a Moscow agency), English/German into Russian, regularly
* Ukrainian Legal Foundation, Kiev, Ukraine – interpretation / translation under Reform of Ukrainian Penitentiary System Project sponsored by the Ministries of Justice of the Ukraine and the Netherlands; TACIS Strengthening the Capacity of the Judicial System of the Ukraine supervised by the European Court; English into Russian / Ukrainian, regularly
* Review/proofreading of ca. 100,000 words translation (training guide) on caregiving and medical services
* Translation of User Manuals for various domestic appliances for one of the largest local importers, on a regular basis
* Wordlink traduzioni (Italy) – translation of various documents from English / Italian into Russian / Ukrainian, ongoing
* Interpretation at the Ukraine National Conference on Regional and Local Economic Development, Kharkov
[*]Survey of the current situation in the Ukrainian agriculture – agricultural equipment, grain and vegetables production, social issues – about 250 pages total, Ukrainian into English
Some of the books translated and published:
- Wilbur A. Smith, 'Hungry as the Sea'
- Tim Cockey, 'Hearse of a Different Color' ISBN 966-7857-47-6
- Madeline Hunter, 'By Possession' ISBN 966-7857-96-4
- Ridley Pearson, 'Parallel Lies' ISBN 966-8007-12-3
- Bernard Knight, 'The Sanctuary Seeker'
I've launched on a new quest: my garden. See my first TULIPS & LILIES
Keywords: simultaneous interpreting, simultaneous, interpreting, ukrainain, english, russian, translator, english, ukrainian, translator, italian, russian, translator, german, russian, translator, spanish, russian, translator, italian, ukrainian, translator, german, ukrainian, translator, spanish, ukrainian, translator, freelancer, english, italian, spanish, russian, ukraine, ukrainian, native, professional, anti-terrorism, nuclear, safety, construction, presentations, company, profile, radioengineering, automotive, printing, machinery, chemistry, science, business, contract, literary, creative, Trados, manuals, equipment, localization, software, HTML, UN, pump, antiterrorism, operation, manual, measuring instruments, metal-working, pneumatics, process instrumentation, electronics, power plant, user guide, service manual, installation manual, operation manual, maintenance manual, pumps, submersible, API, gears, occupational safety, IVRS, marketing, marketing + chemistry, UV dryer, wood processing, polishing, paints, varnish, cooling system, pneumatic system, oil, lathe, CNC, cooking, national cuisines, menu, company policies, GPS, GPRS, household appliances and equiupment, SDL Trados Studio, paint additives
Profile last updated