Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Years of experience: 21. Registered at ProZ.com: Oct 2001. Became a member: Nov 2004.
English to Bosnian (Institute of Translation and Interpreting, verified) English to Serbo-Croat (Sarajevo University, verified) English to Croatian (Croatian Association of Scientific and Technical T, verified)
ITI, Croatian Association of Scientific and Technical Translators, Association of Translators and Interpreters of Bosnia and Herzeg
Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat Professional, Powerpoint, SDL TRADOS, SDLX, STAR Transit, Wordfast
A professional English-Bosnian and English-Croatian translator based in Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina. Native in Bosnian and Croatian providing full translation, editing and proofreading services from English into Bosnian and Croatian. A near-native command of English and translations that read as if originally written in the target language.
Over 20 years of full-time experience and more than 10 million words translated working in different in-house and freelance settings and providing services to customers all over the world, including a 4-year stint as a head translator in a local bank. Currently a full-time freelance translator providing services to customers in Bosnia, Croatia, United States, United Kingdom, Poland, France, etc. In 2006, I successfully designed and held a one-year translation course for the translation department of the largest bank in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Austrian-owned Raiffeisen Bank.
○ University of Manchester, United Kingdom - MA Translation Studies with Distinction
○ University of Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina - BA English with Highest Honors.
○ Also a Court Certified Translator in Sarajevo, Bosnia, appointed by the Ministry of Justice in 2003.
○ UK Institute of Translation and Interpreting (ITI) - Qualified Member
○ Association of Translators and Interpreters of Bosnia and Herzegovina
○ Croatian Association of Technical and Scientific Translators - Member
Strong research skills and years of expertise and in-depth specialization in the fields of banking, finance, law, insurance, IT, general business and literature.
1. User Guides
○ Various user guides, consumer electronics, gaming hardware and software.
2. Medicine (Health Care and Social Medicine):
○ Health care promotional material, benefit packages.
3. Banking and Accounting:
○ Auditor's reports, financial statements, annual reports, accounting records, banking software manuals.
4. Law (Corporate, Criminal, Administrative):
○ Contracts, legislation, administrative actions, appeals, legal opinions, court decisions, etc.
○ Various insurance policies, annual reports, promotional insurance booklets.
6. Media and Advertising
○ Translation for subtitling, newspaper articles, press releases, promotional material.
Keywords: Bosnian translator, banking, legal, law, finance, accounting, Bosnian, translation, Bosnian translations, English to Bosnian, translator Bosnian, English to Bosnian translations, English to Bosnian Translator, English to Croatian Translator, English to Croatian translations, Croatian translator, Almir Čomor