Business,banking/finance,economics,EU affairs,insurance,road accidents,journalism,legal documentation/agreements,marketing,international organisations,civil construction, art, history
1992 ? 1993 ? First year in Arts ? English / German ? at Universidade Auta de Lisboa, Lu�de Cam?(Autonomous University of Lisbon, Lu�de Cam? in Portugal.
1994 ? 1995 ? First year in Arts at the University of Geneva: concluded the first year of Spanish and English Linguistics.
1996 ? 2000 ? Translation Course ? English / French ? at ISLA, Instituto Superior de L�uas e Administra磯 (ISLA ? High Institute of Languages and Administration) in Portugal. Final average of 14 points (out of 20).
- Specialisation in Portuguese, English and French: economics/banking/finance, journalism, EU affairs, legal and technical translations.
- October 1998 ? February 1999: Erasmus scholarship at the University of Lyon where I took Portuguese, English and French translation courses. Average of 15 points (out of 20)
English ? Since I was 4 years of age.
November 1993 ? June 1994 ? French Course at Ecole Schultz in Geneva, in Switzerland. Final average of 5 (out of 6).
June 1994 ? Alliance Fran硩se Diploma with the mark Assez Bien
22 August ? 30 September 1994 ? French Summer Course at the University of Geneva, in Switzerland.
7 August ? 29 September 1995 ? English Summer Course at Stanton School of English in London.
October 2000 ? July 2001 ? Diploma of French Studies at the University of Geneva, in Switzerland.
? Translation from English into Portuguese of two countries of the Amnesty International Annual Report (1999) and its introduction (2000)
- Professional training at the Permanent Mission of Portugal in Geneva during the Human Rights Commission.
Since 2001 I have been doing free-lance jobs in the following areas
- Insurance (translations from Nov. 2001 - May 2002)
? Civil Engineering (translation in March 2002 for a Civil Engineering company in Lisbon, Portugal)
- Legal + financial translations for a company in Almada (Portugal) (from Dec. 2003 - May 2003)
- Legal translations for a translation agency in Prior Velho (Portugal) (Since March 20023)
- TASCHEN books for a Spanish company in Barcelona (Since December 2003)
- Technical translations for a translation agency in Pinhal Novo (Portugal) (Since March 2004)
- Economic proofreadings for a USA-based translation agency (New York) (Since 2004)
- Legal proofreading for a Spanish school in Madrid (October 2004)
- Economic translations for a French translation agency in Marseille (since February 2005)
- Technical translation for a Greek translation agency (May 2005)
- Technical/Economic translation for a Swiss translation agency (August 2005)
- English as foreign language (primary and preparatory levels) in the Portuguese school "A Colmeia" (since March 2002 - June 2003);
- English and French at "CENTRO DE APOIO PEDAGӇICO DONA MARIA II" (from November 2001 - May 2003)
- French for INSTITUTO PORTUGUʓ DE DESENVOLVIMENTO PARA O MANAGEMENT (Summer 2002)
- English, French, Portuguese and History at "Narcilis, Lda" (leiria)
Other jobs done in the past:
- SECRETARY - for Portuguese companies both in Portugal and in Switzerland
- JOURNALIST - for the Japanese news agency KYODO NEWS and the Portuguese news agency LUSA, in Geneva (Switzerland) (Summer 2001)
- MARKETING - collaborator of the marketing departments of the Portuguese company MARKWELL (October-November 2001)
"BANHO@COZINHA" magazine: Collaborator of the marketing department
- I've spent some years in Switzerland and my French is also, besides Portuguese, native-speaking level