Libero Language Lab
Definition: From the Italian, meaning ‘free’; in sport, a player with a free role, who combines vision and creativity and can help turn defence into attack.
Libero is a language agency with a difference. What makes us unique?
1) We are specialists: there are tens of thousands of translation agencies out there. Many fail to match up to exacting professional standards, and fewer still offer a truly specialised service. Libero specialises in sport and we've spent years identifying the best translators and editors in our niche. For many companies placing a translation with an agency or translator is a shot in the dark; if you place your job with Libero you will be buying yourself peace of mind.
2) We are not just translators: to reflect the dual professional background of its founder, Libero offers a blend of sports translation,interpreting and journalism. Libero coordinates a network of seasoned sports writers in the UK and abroad, from the Czech Republic to Holland, Argentina to South Africa. We also have an intimate understanding of the processes involved in magazine publishing, and also of the standards required. Members of Libero's multilingual journalistic network are often drafted in to work on our translation projects, as this can help to provide an extra layer of specialist finesse and stylistic sheen to the end product.
3) We put the accent on quality: each Libero team member is carefully selected for their experience and qualifications. Translators and interpreters are almost always accredited by professional organisations, and, without exception, must demonstrate knowledge and experience in the relevant sporting sphere.
4) We are 'media-savvy': we have bundles of experience when it comes to localising sports publications into a variety of languages, and have fine-tuned our modus operandi and quality control procedures to ensure that we deliver top notch translations within what are often demanding time constraints imposed by design and print deadlines. Every translation will be proofed by an editor who is a native speaker of the target language, and more often than with a strong professional media background. Where the client's production schedules, and budgets allow, we always recommend that a further sub-edit and proofread stage is incorporated following page design, in order to resolve 'snagging' such as foreign script glitches, and lay-out issues such as 'overmatter' and 'orphans' that can result from discrepancies in the word-counts between different languages.
5) Our client base: we like to think that our client list tells its own story. Here are a few of the organisations that have entrusted their projects to Libero: UEFA, FIFA, Arsenal FC, Heart of Midlothian FC, Celtic FC, Middlesbrough FC, Manchester City FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC, FourFourTwo, The Times, The BBC, The Guardian, The Irish Football Association, Fobazo, Sportingbet, The Sun, Sport, BBC MotD Magazine, World Soccer, Skysports, Credit Suisse, the International Volleyball Federation, Sportswrites International, Sports Safety Solutions Ltd
Some of our recent projects:
Translation of tournament programmes for official UEFA competitions such as the 2011 U21 European Championships (Danish), the 2011 U17 European Championships (Serbian); the 2011 Women's U19 European Championships (Italian); the 2011 Futsal Cup (Russian), the 2011 Regions' Cup (Portuguese).
Translation of VolleyWorld, the official magazine of the International Volleyball Federation (French, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian and Arabic).
Proofreading and sub-editing of the English, French and Spanish versions of the IOC's quarterly publication, Olympic Review.
Translation of press releases and features for the International Gymnastics Federation (FIG) (French and Russian).
Editing of a new stadium design and construction guide for UEFA, written by a leading Spain-based architects practice, specialising in stadium projects.
Translation of a wide variety of other documents and publications for UEFA over the last three years (approx. one million words per year), covering around 50 language combinations.
Translation and editing of a multimedia guide on Stadium security based on the 2008 Champions League final in Moscow (Russian and English).
Translation and interpreting for a series of workshops on stadium security for Polish and Ukrainian officials, as part of the EURO 2012 preparations.
Translation of the documentation for France's EURO 2016 bid.
Localisation of content for EA Sports FIFA Manager game from French into English, and localisation of content for another interactive game, Football Manager, also from French into English.
Translation of the Official 2006 FIFA World Cup Guide into six languages (Czech, Italian, French, Spanish, Dutch, Swedish).
Translation of a corporate guide to the 2006 World Cup into French and German for Credit Suisse Bank.
Translation (English, Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, Dutch) and content provision for the official websites of a number of high-profile footballers including Ronaldo, Robinho, Marta, Rafael van der Vaart, Deco, Wesley Sneijder and John Heitinga.
Translation of a book on Chelsea from Russian into English (commissioned by Roman Abramovich).
Translation of dual language Euro Edition newsletters for Arsenal's Champions League games (German, Spanish, Italian, Norwegian, Ukrainian, Russian).
Provision of interpreters and fixers for The Times in Angola, Togo and Cote d’Ivoire for a series of features on African football.
Translation of the pilot edition of a new French/English football magazine, L’Equipe Anglaise aimed at the African market.
Mission Statement: Providing top quality, specialist language services to the sports industry
Industries / markets / subject areas
Journalism, Sports, Advertising (media), Architecture, Art/literary, Finance / Banking / Accounting, Law/Legal, Software (games).
Job / document types
Articles, Audio, Books, Brochures, Business cards, Catalogs, Certificates, Contracts and agreements, Corporate letters, Dictionaries, Educational records/documents, Film scripts, Flyers, Legal content, Legal documents, Letters/Emails, Logo, Manuals, Marketing, Marketing (advertisements), Newsletters, Policy wordings, Presentations, Video, Web sites.
Consulting, Content development, Content management, Copywriting, Desktop publishing (DTP), Document translation, Editing, Glossary/Terminology, Interpreting, Local guides, Localization, Multimedia localization, Proofreading, Scriptwriting, Telephone interpreting, Transcriptions, Translation, Typesetting, Voiceover/dubbing.
Serbian, Bosnian, Croatian, Flemish, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Chinese, Danish, German, Dutch, Greek, English, Spanish, Estonian, Persian (Farsi), Finnish, French, Georgian, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Kirghiz, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Maltese, Moldavian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Swedish, Tajik, Turkmen, Turkish, Ukrainian, Uzbek, Vietnamese. Is willing to work with other languages upon request.
The sports specialists
50-99 languages supported
+44 (0) 7769944153
Established in 2000
Tens of thousands of words per day
Process / workflow description
All translations, however large or small, go through a basic three-stage process, which can be summarised as: translation > editing > proofreading, and which involves three separate linguists. For large projects involving more than one linguist at any of these stages, CAT tools are generally employed to ensure maximum consistency of terminology and style.
All translators, editors and proofreaders employed by Libero have a minimum of five years professional experience, and are selected because they have actively demonstrated their proven specialist knowledge in the fields that we operate in.
We regularly translate large volume projects including magazines, websites and books.
We maximise capacity and efficiency by working with translators across a number of timezones.
Minimum project fee 60 GBP
Euro (EUR), Pounds sterling (GBP), U. S. dollars (USD)
Supported file types
aif, asp, aspx, cdr, doc, docx, dwg, dxf, eps, exe, fm5, fm6, fm7, fm8, gif, htm, idt, ind, ini, inx, jpeg, jsp, mif, mp3, odt, pdf, php, pmd, po, ppt, pptx, psd, qxd, rc, rtf, sgml, swf, tiff, tmx, ttx, txt, wav, xliff, xls, xlsx, xlz, xml
- Sports / Fitness / Recreation
- Games / Video Games / Gaming / Casino
The International Olympic Committee (IOC)
- Sports / Fitness / Recreation
Arsenal Football Club - Sports / Fitness / Recreation - "“Is there no service that Libero can’t provide? They have delivered for us time and time again." Andy Exley, Publications Manager, Arsenal FC"
The International Volleyball Federation (FIVB)
- Sports / Fitness / Recreation
Programme Master Ltd - Media / Multimedia - "“Libero have provided us with translations for several dual-language football publications for UEFA. They provided excellent support and they really know their stuff, which has been a major benefit to our publications. We’re delighted to recommend them.”"
Touchline Publishing - Media / Multimedia
|Hibernian Football Club
- Sports / Fitness / Recreation
- Media / Multimedia
Sportswrites International - Media / Multimedia - ""Libero offer a totally professional service, with great flexibility and creativity, and they will always go the extra mile to get the job done properly.""
Fobazo - Media / Multimedia - "“When UEFA referred us to you, I knew you could only be top of the line......which you are!!!” Angela Kaminski, Founder of Fobazo official player sites network"
The Times - Media / Multimedia - "“Libero really know what they are doing. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them to anyone.” Owen Slot, Chief Sports Features Writer, The Times"
ESEM Ltd - Sports / Fitness / Recreation - "“Thank you once again for your effort and I am very impressed with your attitude, customer care and pride in your business and services.” Christian Machowski, Managing Director, European Sports Event Management Ltd"
Languages which this company does business in
Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, Flemish, French, Georgian, Greek, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Kirghiz, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Maltese, Moldavian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tajik, Turkish, Ukrainian, Uzbek, Belarusian, Albanian, German, Hebrew, Slovak, Turkmen
media, journalism, editing, sport, football, soccer, olympics, sports, world, euro, cup, uefa, fifa, euro2012, arsenal, translator, interpreter, journalist, russia, poland, ukraine, volleyball, ioc, fivb, translation, translators, brazil, 2014, london, 2012, sochi
| View full ProZ.com Profile - http://www.proz.com/profile/37246 |