Guillaume has been working as a professional linguist from Dutch and English into French since 2002.
He is mainly specialized in three fields:
- Press, literature, art/culture
- Institutional / international relations / politics & defense/security (EU, UN, NATO, US Gov)
- Human & social sciences (thesis, PhD, scientific articles)
Guillaume offers translation services to a large number of world-famous brands, organizations and companies, among which the US Government, the European Union and reknown communication agencies, press agencies and publishing houses.
Along with his Master degree in Translation and Interpreting from the University of Mons, Belgium, Guillaume is holding an Advanced Master degree in Translation Studies. He also took further vocational training in Literary Translation at the CETL (Centre européen de traduction littéraire) in Brussels.
He is member of several organisations such as ATA (American Translators Associoation), SFT (Société française des traducteurs), ATLF (Association des traducteurs littéraires de France) and Mensa International.
He is also a member of the Belgian Chamber of Translators and Interpreters, for which he acts as Communication officer. He is a member of its Board of directors.
Guillaume does scientific research in Applied Linguistics and Translation Studies (PhD) and teaches a.o. translation from Dutch and English into French to Master students at the University of Lille 3 (France) and translation technologies to Bachelor and Master students at the University of Mons (Belgium).
Guillaume is the owner and managing director of Creativewords.eu, a translation agency specialized in editorial, marketing and corporate communication/branding translations.
He translates for several literary magazines and offers consultancy services to publishing houses through foreign book readings.
Guillaume is always looking for new interesting partnerships.
- PhD In Translation Studies In progress
UMons (Belgium) - Université Lille3 (France)
- Advanced Master degree in Literary Translation
Centre européen de traduction littéraire - Brussels - Belgium
- Advanced Master degree in Translation Studies
UNIVERSITÉ DE MONS - Faculté des sciences du langage & de linguistique - Belgium
- Master degree in Translation (English-Dutch) 2002
UNIVERSITÉ DE MONS - Faculté de traduction et d’interprétation - Belgium
- University Lecturer - Translation
Université Lille 3 - Charles de Gaulle - Faculté de langues étrangères appliquées - France
Master in Translation - Dutch-English-French Translation - Master 1&2
- University Lecturer - Translation
Université de Mons - Faculté de Traduction et d’Interprétation - Belgium
Dutch-French Translation - Master 1 & Master 2
Specialized in :
- Literary translation - Press releases - Advertising/Marketing translations
- Politics - International organizations - European Affairs - Defense/security
- Human & social sciences (thesis, PhD, scientific articles)Memberships
ATLF - Association des traducteurs littéraires de France - www.atlf.org
SFT - Société française des traducteurs - www.sft.fr
ATA - American Translators Association - www.atanet.org
CBTI - Chambre belge des traducteurs et interprètes
ANBF - Association des néerlandistes de Belgique francophone et de France - www.anbf.be
MENSA International - www.mensa.org
Fields of expertise & experience
- Literary, journalism, marketing, tourism, general
- Press releases, brochures and articles (all kinds) EN-NL-DE/FR
- European affairs, politics, law/legal
- Defense & international security
- Reports and session speeches for EC and Flemish Government
- Minister speeches and various announcements
- US Gov
- Life sciences, medical studies and clinical trials