English to Spanish
| Marcela Sariego |
MITI and qualified journalist
Local time: 06:43 BST (GMT+1)
: Spanish (Variant: Latin American)
Welcome to my profile :)
| Freelancer, Verified member |
|Translation, Editing/proofreading, Website localization, Post-editing|
|International Org/Dev/Coop||Government / Politics|
|Journalism||Tourism & Travel|
|Also works in:|
|Advertising / Public Relations||Management|
|Marketing / Market Research||General / Conversation / Greetings / Letters|
|Education / Pedagogy||Medical: Health Care|
|Other - Chartered Institute of Linguists (CIoL, UK)|
|Years of translation experience: 15. Registered at ProZ.com: Oct 2003. Became a member: Dec 2008.|
|Spanish (Universidad Complutense de Madrid, verified)|
English to Spanish (Institute of Translation & Interpreting)
English to Spanish (Chartered Institute of Linguists, verified)
English to Spanish (Open College Network, verified)
|ITI, National Union of Journalists (UK)|
|Dreamweaver, Indesign, Microsoft Word, SDL TRADOS|
|CV available upon request|
| Conferences attended |
| Marcela Sariego endorses ProZ.com's Professional Guidelines. |
- Fifteen years’ experience as a freelance translator, mainly for NGOs and local authorities.
- Qualified translator (DipTrans IoL) and journalist (BA degree) with a Certificate in Community Translation and a diploma (equiv.) in Tourism Studies.
- Excellent research, writing and editing skills in Spanish – four years as editor of a Spanish-language newspaper.
- Experience as online editor at a travel information website.
- Ability to write international Spanish – born and raised in Latin America and lived in Spain for twelve years.
- Qualified Member of Institute of Translation and Interpreting (MITI) and member of the National Union of Journalists (NUJ).
- Sound knowledge of British contemporary society and public services following many years’ experience in the UK.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and consistently meet deadlines.
Keywords: spanish, international spanish, neutral spanish, latin american spanish, south american spanish, translation, translator, interpreting, interpreter, journalism, journalist, editing, editor, website localisation, spanish editorial services, social affairs, journalism, international organisations, government, tourism, public services, voluntary sector, current affairs, travel, NGOs, London, UK.
Profile last updated