Author of a renowned "Dictionary of Electronics, Computing, Telecommunications and Media" (English/German, German/English), published by Springer Verlag (Berlin / New York et al.).
Polyglot (9 languages):
- German ("tongue of the mother", A language): 34 years living, studying and working in Germany.
- Italian (second mother tongue, A language): 22 years living, studying and working in Italy.
- Latin (helps a lot in etymology, C language): 8 years at school.
- Old Greek (helps a lot in etymology, C language): 5 years at school.
- English (fluent, B language): 40 years working experience.
- Spanish (fluent, B language): family language since three decades (Argentine wife), 3 years living and working in Argentina.
- Portuguese (fluent, B language): 7 years living and working in Brazil.
- French (reading practice, C language).
- Russian (basics).
- KudoZ points in 28 language combinations within three months.
Broadband education and professional experience:
- Primary schooling in Italy.
- Secondary schooling in Italy, humanistic branch, with emphasis on History (Italian Literature, Latin Literature, Old Greek Literature, Political History, History of Philosophy, History of Arts).
- University schooling in Germany, where I got a “Diplom-Ingenieur” degree from the Technical University of Munich in Technical Physics.
- 40 years professional experience in international sales of telecommunications equipment, involving also economic issues (cost calculation, financing, contractual documents among others).
- KudoZ points in 65 fields within three months.