Spanish to English
English to Spanish
| Freelancer, Verified site user |
|Blue Board: Ampersand Translations / Simon Critchley |
|Translation, Editing/proofreading, Transcription|
|Insurance||Marketing / Market Research|
|Management||Law: Patents, Trademarks, Copyright|
|Finance (general)||Law (general)|
|Law: Contract(s)||Advertising / Public Relations|
|Accounting||Law: Taxation & Customs|
|Also works in:|
|Automotive / Cars & Trucks||Investment / Securities|
|Printing & Publishing|
| Questions answered: 1, Questions asked: 183 |
| Simon |
|Graduate diploma - Escuela Libre de Derecho, Mexico City|
|Years of translation experience: 17. Registered at ProZ.com: Jul 2004.|
|Spanish to English (Escuela Libre de Derecho, Mexico City)|
|Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Trados 2007 Workbench, Trados Studio 2009, Powerpoint, SDL TRADOS, SDLX|
| CV/Resume (DOC)|
| Simon Critchley endorses ProZ.com's Professional Guidelines (v1.1). |
I am a British translator who has lived in Mexico for 17 years. I have been translating for the last 12 years, initially in-house at KPMG, where I gained an in-depth knowledge of financial and auditng texts and terminology, before going freelance in 2003. As a freelancer, I have gained clients in the banking, finance, legal, petroleum/gas pipeline, insurance, medical, advertising, marketing and PR sectors.
Prior to coming to Mexico, I worked in advertising and marketing for 10 years and hold the CAM Foundation Certificate in Advertising and Marketing.
I can therefore offer a broad range of knowledge. I take my work very seriously in terms of quality and deadlines, which I never miss.
- 400,000-word ES-EN translation of power auction tender documents, including tender bases, contracts, specifications, regulations and standards. Toronto and Mexico City. November 2015 – February 2016.
- On-going ES-EN translation of energy industry documents, including tender bases, contracts, specifications, regulations and standards. Several energy-sector clients in Mexico, USA, Canada and Chile. November 2003 – to date.
- On-going ES-EN translation of insurance policies for Zurich Insurance Company branches in Mexico City, Guadalajara, Merida, Monterrey and Tijuana.
- On-going ES-EN translation of financial and sustainability reports for various Mexican companies through my client McBride Corp. in Mexico City.
- On-going ES-EN/EN-ES translation of legal medical documents for Becton Dickinson (Mexico).
Keywords: traduccción, translation, legal, finance translator, accounting, advertising, marketing, technical and engineering translator. English-Spanish/Spanish-English, fast and reliable, language.
Profile last updated
Feb 23, 2016