I'm a profesional translator (12 years experience) specialized in technical fields only. I work from Danish, Portuguese, English, Spanish and French into Spanish and French. Both French and Spanish are mother tongues.
1. High school: Athénée Royal de Thuin (Belgium), scientific field. 1992
2. First year of Commercial Engineering (Ecole Solvay de l’Université Libre de Bruxelles). 1993
3. MA in translation and Interpretation (4 years): Ecole d’Inteprètes Internationaux of the University of Mons-Hainaut (Belgium). 1997. Speciality in Scandinavian Languages (Danish, Swedish, Norwegian) and Spanish. Secondary options: Portuguese, modern Greek. Memorandum: translation of the philosophical essay “Apollons oprør” by Villy Sørensen.
4. Intensive training in Basque language during one year. 1998
5. Currently studying psychology (3rd year out of 5).
6. Currently studying an MBA.
7. SDL Trados Certified Practices
- 24 years living in Belgium
- 10 years living in Spain
- 3 months with the Erasmus program in the Handels Høje Skole of Aarhus (Denmark).
Several visits to that country.
- 1 month in Greece (grant from the Greek civil servants of the EU).
- Translations with several Belgian agencies during my studies and translations for my professors of the University (all of them translators or interpreters of the European Union). 1995-1997
- French teacher during 3 months at Sarriko University. 1997
- Technical translator into French and Spanish for Reinisch España S.L. since June 98. I’ve worked until November 2002 as a:
. Project Manager
. Trados official trainer and responsible for the official technical support in
Spain and Portugal.
. Proofreader (responsible person for the French department, 6 translators)
. Graphic designer. Specialized in DTP programs, special formats, filters.
- I work as a freelance translator/interpreter since November 2002.
- Since 2003, I lead a team of 6 translators and a DTPist.
I work on a regular basis with almost 60 translation agencies, among them the biggest ones regarding software and technical translation: BowneGlobal, SDL Canada, SDL Maidenhead, SDL France, Logos, Star Group, PHBrink, TotalTranslation,…
- Technical translations: automotive, machinery & tools, pneumatics, hydraulics, power
plants, medical instruments, medical, printing, pharmacology, life sciences, IT,
construction, home appliances, aeronautics, etc.
- Software translations: manuals, scripts, help files,…
- Automotive: Mercedes-Benz, Cadillac, Honda, Peugeot, Bilia, Volvo, Valtra (tractor), John Deere (combines), Bobcat (compactors)… (more than 4 million words)
- Pneumatics and automation: SMC, Danfoss, Festo… (more than 4 million words)
- Medical instrumentation: Dräger (more than 600,000 words), GMI…
- Aeronautics: ITP (aircraft motors), EADS-Casa (airplanes)
- Software: Dell, Microsoft, Sun, Nortel...
- Printing: Mark Andy presses
- Others: SMC, Daisalux, Detroit Diesel (motors), Danfoss, Miele, Solac, Ufesa, Cordis, Aventis…
- SDL Canada
, Isabelle Boyer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- SDL France
, Sandrine Blavier, email@example.com
, Rebecca Dawsey, firstname.lastname@example.org
, Cheney-Smith, email@example.com