T20-Terminology for Medicine&Healthcare-Level 4
|Start time:||Dec 9, 2014 16:00 GMT Add to calendar |
|Summary:||This session will provide information and terminology at a SURGICAL NURSING level, i.e., used by nurses assisting physicians in the Operating Room. It will also touch on some terminology of EBOLA, as this might be a topic of high interest in the current healthcare environment. It is suitable for translators and interpreters already working in the field, who want to expand their vocabulary and understanding of complex concepts. (The session is language-neutral delivered in English but appropriate for any language pair.)|
This 90 minute session covers about 100 terms at a surgical nursing level, i.e., nurses assisting surgeon in the operating room. It also covers some of the terms used in relation to the EBOLA outbreak, as we consider they are of the outmost importance in today's healthcare environment.
This is a fast-pace, intense, session with an upbeat and lively mood, that requires full engagement on the part of the participant in terms of ACTIVE listening, individual thinking and processing of information, as well as hands-on note-taking and interactive activities. HANDS-ON exercises will also be suggested to be completed AFTER the session and study materials will be provided PRIOR to the session.
This is one more session that forms part of the bundles focusing on the progressive acquisition of skills in terminology used in healthcare and medicine, legal settings and finance and business, and tips on how to build better glossaries.
- Define, describe, and identify generally used surgical nursing terms
- Define, describe, and identify common terms related to Ebola
- Evaluate study material and resources to improve vocabulary
Sufficient command of English to understand the session.
Preferably, to have taken the T06, T11 and T14, Levels 1, 2 and 3 Terminology in Healthcare & Medicine
Preferably, experience in the field of healthcare/medical translation or interpreting
Access to the Wiki after the webinar
When prompted, type in the user name BrauerTrainingProZ-Student-T06 and the password prosta;
enter your own email when prompted (there is no join code-if prompted, skip)
Virtual platform system requirements (click here to expand)
Click to expand
Virtual platform system requirements
For PC-based Users:
• Required: Windows® 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2003 Server or 2000 (Linux is not supported)
• Internet Connection Required: Cable modem, DSL, or better recommended
• Recommended: Minimum of Pentium® class 1GHz CPU with 512 MB of RAM (2 GB of RAM for Windows Vista)
For Mac®-based Users:
• Required: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard®)
• Internet Connection Required: Cable modem, DSL or better recommended
• Required: PowerPC G4/G5 or Intel processor, 512 MB of RAM or better
To Use VoIP (microphone and speakers or headset):
• Required: Fast Internet connection (384 kbps or more recommended)
• Required: speakers or headset (USB headset recommended)
• NOT required: Microphone - attendees can communicate with the trainer through incorporated chat.
• For the visual section of the training course, we recommend that you have a 64kbps link. This means using an ISDN line or Broadband. Wireless connection is NOT recommended.
• For the audio section of the training course, we recommend that you have a headset or speakers.
• We recommend that you log in 30 minutes in advance of the start time to prepare for the training course.
Courses will be open half an hour before the start time. Please login before the start time to ensure that everything on your system is working correctly.
Registration and payment information (click here to expand)
Click to expand
Click on the buy button on the right to purchase your seat
Participation fee includes:
• access to webinar session.
• unlimited access to the webinar recording.
• powerpoint slides to remind participants of the key points and lessons learned.
• certificates of attendance.
If I register will I be charged automatically?
No. Registering for the course means that you expressed interest in the training only. ProZ.com training session vacancies are limited, and minimum attendee confirmation is required in order for training sessions to be conducted, so be sure to book your seat as soon as possible.
How do I purchase my spot?
To purchase your seat at this session please click on the "buy" button. Available slots are limited and will be assigned to registered and paid participants as soon as payment is reported. Early payment is advised in order to secure participation. Allow some time for payment processing if you are paying by wire transfer.
After your payment is received, your status will be changed to “registered and paid” and your spot for the session will be secured. An invoice and receipt of payment will be sent to you for your records.
How do I access the online platform?
72 hours before the webinar takes place, you will receive an invitation to join the session. Please, click the registration link or button provided in the invitation email and complete the registration form.
Claudia Brauer View feedback | View all courses
|Bio: Claudia became a trainer of translators and interpreters in 2011, after 35 years of experience as a translator and interpreter. She is also a speaker, writer and blogger on topics related to the current state of the translation and interpreting industry.|
She has designed and delivered more than 200 hours of proprietary content and uses her wikis to freely disseminated some 25 copyrighted tools designed to help translators and interpreters in the 21st century virtual village.
The vision of BrauerTraining is to educate translators and interpreters, so they may become great quality professionals with a high code of ethics, embracing technology to remain competitive in today's world.
Claudia can be found on the web at http://brauertraining.com and on Twitter as @Brauer21Century.
Comments about this course
Do you have any questions about ProZ.com training?
Feedback on this course (1)