Knowledge is power - and lack of knowledge can lead to bad health for busy translators.
As translators we have one of the best jobs in the world, with many benefits, but we also carry all the risks to our health that our sedentary job can imply. When there is no-one to take your place, when your job depends entirely on your experience and skill, your health is also a serious responsibility. How many of you translators are putting your health on the back-burner, how often do you take on jobs when you are already overworked and overtired?
In this update to avoiding physical burnout I will share my newest insights. After many months of continuous, demanding heavy translating workload I have had to go even deeper into health issues. Lymphatic health, just as much as muscular strength, is essential for your long-term career survival. Nasty diseases, not just postural aches and pains, come from a stagnant lymphatic system. In this talk I will firstly review the information from my previous webinar about identifying the warning signs of common physical ailments translators suffer from. I will share information about how you can identify postural imbalances and give you specific targeted exercises that will, with a 4-6 week consistent effort, reduce neck and back pain. Although fitness is best personalised, translators almost always have the same problems so we can in fact generalise quite a bit.
After this review of how to re-balance your body physically we will move on to a quick summary of the problems caused by stagnant lymphatic fluids. Importantly, I will show you a couple of excellent, scientifically-validated methods of moving your lymphatic fluids around your body in short exercises that are easy to synergise with your working life. All of these tricks are easy to put into practice because, essentially, they make you feel better and you will want to repeat them. A healthy lymphatic system is a healthy immune system and a healthy balanced posture is the perfect - and essential - complement. Your busy well-paid translating career requires some serious focus on your physical self.
My goal with this webinar is to help you transform your concerns into practical, enjoyable, repeatable physical and mental working habits.
* Quick biography of the presenter, 'where I went wrong' summary for sedentary workers at risk of the same
* Why we are unbalanced - the roots of common problems
* Self assessment - guide to how to make a personal physical assessment based on common markers
* Prqctical anatomy overview, explaining functions and weaknesses specific to sedentary and stressful work
* Step by step corrective exercises based on targeted muscle building to rebalance posture
* Quick guide to the lympatic system, overview of movements that circulate our lymph
* Video-based demonstrations to illustrate exercises and a summary of SOS dolor de espalda (Youtube)
Some feedback from others on this course's trainer:
"Marta is a very motivating speaker eager to share her knowledge so that others can benefit from her experience."
"Marta obviously knows what she's talking about! Well presented!"