The webinar has already taken place. Click here to access the video from the webinar.
Become known! Brand yourself as the go-to person. Like any other industry, there is a lot of competition but there is still a lot of work, enough to go around. We are all unique, show who you are and let your clients love you!
The "Be Special" course is taught by a lawyer-linguist who has combined her unique qualities to build her translation business. The following topics will be discussed:
1. Why Be Special?
2. Discovering your Special Qualities
3. Your Marketing Materials - Make Sure They Remember You
4. How to Build Your Special Personal Brand through Social Media
5. Your 30 Second Informercial Makes You Special
6. How to Respond to the Question: "You Do This AND That?"
7. Becoming Unique Through Your Work and Areas of Expertise
At the end of this course, language professionals should be able to understand the basics of how to become memorable in the eyes of their clients and colleagues.
This course is approved for one (1) American Translators Association Continuing Education point.
Click to expand
For PC-based Organizers and Attendees
• Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP, 2003 Server or 2000 (Linux is not supported)
• Internet Connection Required: Cable modem, DSL, or better recommended
• Recommended: Minimum of Pentium® class 1GHz CPU with 512 MB of RAM (2 GB of RAM for Windows Vista)
For Mac®-based Users
• Required: Mac OS® X 10.4 (Tiger®), OS X 10.5 (Leopard®), OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard®)
• Internet Connection Required: Cable modem, DSL or better recommended
• Required: PowerPC G4/G5 or Intel processor, 512 MB of RAM or better
To Use VoIP
• Required: Fast Internet connection (384 kbps or more recommended)
• Required: Microphone and speakers (USB headset recommended)
• You need an Internet connection and a separate telephone, so that we can talk to you whilst presenting the training.
• For the visual section of the training course, we recommend that you have a 64kbps link. This means using an ISDN line or Broadband.
• For the audio section of the training course, we recommend that you have a telephone headset or hands-free speaker phone.
• We recommend that you log in 30 minutes in advance of the start time to prepare for the training course.
• Please mute your phone during the training course to ensure that there is no background noise during the audio section.
Courses will be open half an hour before the start time. Please login before the start time to ensure that everything on your system is working correctly.
Click to expand
Click on the buy button on the right to purchase your seat
Participation fee includes:
• access to webinar session.
• unlimited access to the webinar recording.
How do I purchase my spot?
To purchase your seat at this session please click on the "buy" button. Available slots are limited and will be assigned to registered and paid participants as soon as payment is reported. Early payment is advised in order to secure participation. Allow some time for payment processing if you are paying by wire transfer.
After your payment is received, your status will be changed to “registered and paid” and your spot for the session will be secured. An invoice and receipt of payment will be sent to you for your records.
How do I access the online platform?
72 hours before the webinar takes place, you will receive an invitation to join the session. Please, click the registration link or button provided in the invitation email and complete the registration form.
Bio: Suzanne Deliscar is both a lawyer and a Spanish and French to English translator. A graduate of McMaster University with a Combined Honours Bachelor of Arts degree in History and Latin American Studies, and a minor in Science, Technology and Public Policy in 2000, Ms. Deliscar went on to obtain a Bachelor of Laws degree from the University of Windsor Faculty of Law in 2003. Ms. Deliscar was called to the Bar of the Province of Ontario in 2004 and has been actively practicing law on a full-time basis since that time. As a lawyer-linguist, Suzanne focuses on official document and legal translation, and also trains fellow language professionals in the areas of marketing and legal translation.