Localisation Project Management - Planning
|Start time:||Aug 19, 2010 15:00 GMT Add to calendar |
Duration: 75 minutes
|Summary:||Methods to use so that a complete project schedule can be agreed and documented. We will discuss how to do this in an efficient way, and the importance of ensuring that all participants in the project, including stakeholders, are aware of the plan, and agree with it.
This is the third webinar in a series of six 75 minute instructor-led modules to give Localisation professionals an overview of a simple effective process for managing projects successfully. The webinar series is designed for people whose job it is to manage localisation projects so that schedule, quality and cost goals are achieved. The focus is on simple messages and techniques so that participants can improve their project management performance as soon as they return to the workplace.
What is it about?
The content of the thrid module is outlined below. The instructor will present each module in 45 – 60 minutes, illustrating the points with examples from his experience. Questions can be addressed during the module. At the end of each module a general Q&A will be held, lasting for 15 to 30 minutes.
Module 3. Planning
This module deals with the methods to use so that a complete project schedule can be agreed and documented. As with Module 1, we will discuss how to do this in an efficient way, and the importance of ensuring that all participants in the project, including stakeholders, are aware of the plan, and agree with it. The key topics covered are:
• Scheduling techniques
• Examples of project plans and schedule documents
• Contingency – how can you build it into your plans?
• Risk analysis - The theory/The reality
• Lessons Learned*
*A feature of the workshop is the “Lesson Learned” section which summarises the key points and learnings at the end of each module.
What will I get out of it?
Participants will get an outline of a simple effective framework to help them manage projects more successfully.
The sessions are run in a highly interactive manner. Participants are encouraged to ask questions during the workshop. However not all questions can be dealt with fully in the time permitted, and sometimes participants only think of questions and issues after the event is over. Therefore, participants can email the instructor up to 12 months after the webinar date with questions and requests.
A copy of the powerpoint slides will be provided to remind participants of the key points and lessons learned.
Participants will have free unlimited access to the session video recording.
Certificates of attendance will be issued.
Sign up for the other webinars in this series:
Module 1. Mission - on demand video
Module 2. Process and Tools - on demand video
Module 4. Team - webinar on August 26 2010 - Register now!
Module 5. Communication - webinar on September 2 2010 - Register now!
Module 6. Project execution - webinar on September 9 2010 - Register now!
Register for the 6 sessions and save money!
Purchase access to the 6 webinars for 80 USD. Click here to take advantage of this offer.
Click to expand
For PC-based Organizers and Attendees
• Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP, 2003 Server or 2000 (Linux is not supported)
• Internet Connection Required: Cable modem, DSL, or better recommended
• Recommended: Minimum of Pentium® class 1GHz CPU with 512 MB of RAM (2 GB of RAM for Windows Vista)
For Mac®-based Users
• Required: Mac OS® X 10.4 (Tiger®), OS X 10.5 (Leopard®), OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard®)
• Internet Connection Required: Cable modem, DSL or better recommended
• Required: PowerPC G4/G5 or Intel processor, 512 MB of RAM or better
To Use VoIP
• Required: Fast Internet connection (384 kbps or more recommended)
• Required: Microphone and speakers (USB headset recommended)
• You need an Internet connection and a separate telephone, so that we can talk to you whilst presenting the training.
• For the visual section of the training course, we recommend that you have a 64kbps link. This means using an ISDN line or Broadband.
• For the audio section of the training course, we recommend that you have a telephone headset or hands-free speaker phone.
• We recommend that you log in 30 minutes in advance of the start time to prepare for the training course.
• Please mute your phone during the training course to ensure that there is no background noise during the audio section.
Courses will be open half an hour before the start time. Please login before the start time to ensure that everything on your system is working correctly.
Click to expand
Click on the buy button on the right to purchase your seat
Participation fee includes:
• access to webinar session.
• unlimited access to the webinar recording.
• powerpoint slides to remind participants of the key points and lessons learned.
• certificates of attendance.
How do I purchase my spot?
To purchase your seat at this session please click on the "buy" button. Available slots are limited and will be assigned to registered and paid participants as soon as payment is reported. Early payment is advised in order to secure participation. Allow some time for payment processing if you are paying by wire transfer.
After your payment is received, your status will be changed to “registered and paid” and your spot for the session will be secured. An invoice and receipt of payment will be sent to you for your records.
How do I access the online platform?
72 hours before the webinar takes place, you will receive an invitation to join the session. Please, click the registration link or button provided in the invitation email and complete the registration form.
Tom Connolly View feedback | View all courses
|Bio: Tom Connolly runs itac enterprises, a Project Management and Business Development consultancy enabling clients to meet aggressive goals, streamline operations and grow business. Projects have been implemented in New Product Development and Localisation in the ICT and Life Science sectors. In the past two years Tom has focused on SMEs and start-ups, implementing “big company” practices in a practical, simple way. He also undertakes highly complex projects for larger clients. Tom has developed a number of workshops which have been delivered successfully in Ireland, Holland, Germany, Finland, Portugal, Spain, Poland, Vienna, Argentina and Australia. Tom is looking for clients who may need experienced highly capable project managers; clients who wish to develop their business in new markets or with new products, and clients who may need their workforce trained to be more effective and efficient.|
Comments about this course
Do you have any questions about ProZ.com training?