Break into movie translation! Learn the basic technical aspects, techniques, and software and standard formats used.
Topics to be covered during this presentation:
• Short presentation of subtitling, its history, development and future.
• How does a movie translator work
• Technical basics of subtitling.
• Principles for editing text.
• Lines and breaks.
• Choices in fonts and formats.
• Differences between amateur and professional subtitling.
• Standard file formats.
• Introduction to the constraints of concision.
• Main tools for concise writing.
A presentation aimed at translators who are serious about breaking into movie translation and want to know more about the technical aspects of how it works and avoid making beginners mistakes. The webinar covers the basic technical aspects, techniques and standard formats used in the industry.
Click to expand
• ProZ.com videos require a current flash player http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
• With low bandwidth Internet connections the video playback may buffer and load slowly, in this case we recommend you wait the whole or most part of the video to load before playing.
Price and payment information
Click to expand
Price: 15 USD
After you purchase access to this video please visit this link:
Bio: Paul Memmi has a passion for signs, signs we send to each other, and that some make into great works of art or great thoughts.
This passion led him to become a translator - a messenger as well as an interpreter - and to teach his profession at university.
It has also made him write for cinema and create fine art works. His collages illustrate his website.
If the subtitled image aims to be perceived as a ready-made expression, one can also be fascinated by its aesthetic as a collage, that is, according to Eisenstein, cinema itself.