- On-demand coursesScheduled coursesKnowledgebaseTrainers
SDL Trados Studio 2009 Intermediate for Translators
SDL Trados Studio 2009 Intermediate for Translators
This course is designed to teach attendees some of the more detailed functionality available in SDL Trados Studio 2009, building up their knowledge and increasing productivity.
At the end of this course attendees will be able to:
• translate multiple files (MS Word and MS PowerPoint)
• open and translate a PDF document
• understand how to undertake Quality Assurance using the QA Checker
• how to configure Translation Memories
• DTP file formats
• creating AutoSuggest™ dictionaries
• customizing keyboard shortcuts
This course is for Translators who have already started to work with SDL Trados Studio 2009 and may have already attended the SDL Trados Studio 2009 or the Upgrade from SDL Trados 2007 to SDL Trados Studio 2009 course.
An understanding of the following functionality gained by training course attendance or by experience working with SDL Trados Studio 2009:
• views and user profiles
• how to create a new translation memory
• how to increase translation speeds when translating an MS Word document using the extensive range of new features
• how to open and import project packages
• how to translate package content
• how to create and return a completed project package
SDL TRADOS Certification
This course provides all of the knowledge attendees need to pass their SDL Trados Studio 2009 Level 2 exam (available September 2009).
The SDL TRADOS Certification program enables individual translators and project managers to validate their knowledge and expertise in the use of SDL Trados products. Achieving SDL TRADOS Certification demonstrates that you are fully prepared to work with the world’s leading translation technology.
Certification in SDL Trados Studio 2009 product can be achieved by taking the following web based exams:
• SDL Trados Studio 2009 Getting Started Level 1 exam
• SDL Trados Studio 2009 Intermediate Level 2 exam
• SDL Trados Studio 2009 Advanced Level 3 exam
The exam questions are based on the topics covered in the corresponding SDL Trados Studio 2009 course e.g. attendance on the SDL Trados Studio 2009 Getting Started course, followed by practical experience of the topics covered, will prepare attendees to take the SDL Trados Studio 2009 Level 1 exam.
Each exam consists of 40 questions and lasts 40 minutes. Attendees take their exams by logging into their SDL My Account and selecting the My Certification area, where their exams and corresponding training manuals can be found.
Attendees will be advised on completion of their exam whether they have passed or need to retake.
To further deepen their knowledge and increase productivity, we recommend attendance on the following courses:
• SDL Trados Studio 2009 Advanced – Level 3 Certification. See sessions listed here
Attendees should also consider attending the SDL Trados MultiTerm 2009 course, which will teach them the key functionality of SDL Trados MultiTerm 2009.
For further information on any of our courses, training delivery options and course dates, the SDL TRADOS Certification programme or course fees please contact us
TOPICS COVERED DURING THE COURSE
Click to expand
Translating Multiple Files (MS Word + MS PowerPoint)
File Format Filter Configuration
Quality Assurance (QA Checker)
Configuring Translation Memories
DTP File Formats
Software and system requirements
Click to expand
Virtual platform system requirements
For PC-based Users:
• Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP, 2003 Server or 2000 (Linux is not supported)
• Internet Connection Required: Cable modem, DSL, or better recommended
• Recommended: Minimum of Pentium® class 1GHz CPU with 512 MB of RAM (2 GB of RAM for Windows Vista)
For Mac®-based Users:
• Required: Mac OS® X 10.4 (Tiger®), OS X 10.5 (Leopard®), OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard®)
• Internet Connection Required: Cable modem, DSL or better recommended
• Required: PowerPC G4/G5 or Intel processor, 512 MB of RAM or better
To Use VoIP (microphone and speakers or headset):
• Required: Fast Internet connection (384 kbps or more recommended)
• Required: speakers or headset (USB headset recommended)
• NOT required: Microphone - attendees can communicate with the trainer through incorporated chat.
• For the visual section of the training course, we recommend that you have a 64kbps link. This means using an ISDN line or Broadband. Wireless connection is NOT recommended.
• For the audio section of the training course, we recommend that you have a headset or speakers.
• We recommend that you log in 30 minutes in advance of the start time to prepare for the training course.
Courses will be open half an hour before the start time. Please login before the start time to ensure that everything on your system is working correctly.
Registration and payment information
Click to expand
Click on the buy button on the right to purchase your seat
Participation fee includes:
• Access to training session with SDL Trados Certified Trainer.
• SDL Trados Approved Training Manual & sample files for practice.
• SDL Trados Certification Exams.
Steps to take your training and certification:
1 - Register & Pay
To register in this session please click on the "register and pay later" button on the right. Your status will be marked as "registered" and it will indicate only your interest in the training session. Status changes to registered and paid when payment is processed and informed to ProZ.com.
To purchase your seat at this session please click on the "buy" button. Available slots are limited and will be assigned to registered and paid participants as soon as payment is reported. Early payment is advised in order to secure participation. Allow some time for payment processing if you are paying by wire transfer.
If you have purchased training with SDL Trados or as part of a software + training offer you should redeem your credit by clicking on the "use credit" button on the right.
After your payment is received, your status will be changed to “registered and paid” and your spot for the session will be secured. An invoice and receipt of payment will be sent to you for your records.
2 - Get your course manual and sample files
After payment you will be given access to Studio 2009 Intermediate for Translators Training resources , a restricted area of the site to download the courseware and sample files.
You don't need to have gone through the manual and files before the training, and ideally should not have them open during the session. Your instructors will be sharing their screen and using the sample files. The manual and files are so that you may practice after the training and prepare to pass the certification exam. Some of the sample files will be proprietary SDL Trados files and can only be opened with an installed activated license of SDL Trados.
3 - Attend the training session
72 hours before the training session takes place, you will receive an invitation to join the session. Please, click the registration link or button provided in the invitation email to join the session at the announced time.
4 - Take your SDL Trados Certification exam
SDL TRADOS Certification exams are delivered by SDL TRADOS. Certification exams will be available in your SDL My account approximately 10 working days after making a payment. Note that you must be registered and have an account at SDL to receive the certification exams. If you do not have an account with SDL, you can create one here: https://oos.sdl.com/asp/products/ssl/account/ Make sure you use the same email address associated with your ProZ.com account when creating your SDL account. If you have an account with a different email address, or if after 10 days you have not received the certification exams please contact SDL Product training at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating which training session you have taken along with the proper email address for your SDL account so that the certification exams can be updated.
Please, read the SDL Certification Training Sessions FAQs for more information
There needs to be a minimum of 6 students to conduct this training session. If the minimum students is not reached 72 hours before the session is to take place, you will be notified and asked to book your seat in an upcoming session without extra cost or transaction from your part.
Participants should not delay in making payments to ensure classes are not canceled due to low enrollment. We suggest then you purchase your spot as soon as possible.
Comments about this course
To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:
You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »
This discussion can also be accessed via the ProZ.com forum pages.