C04-Hispanics-The New Face of America
|Start time:||Mar 29, 2011 16:00 GMT Add to calendar |
Duration: 90 minutes.
Check what time the course is running in your local time here.
Links to handouts and video recording will be emailed to all registered and paid users within 5 working days after the training.
Once uploaded, the video will be available from the video centre
ProZ.com training cancelation policy.
|Summary:||You know that the Hispanic market is huge, but do you have the business information needed to help your clients (current and future) make decisions about their communication with Hispanics in the US and Latin America? This course provides the data and knowledge that will help you support your claims about the vital role of communicating in Spanish with the growing Hispanic audience. The webinar will last 90 minutes. Links to handouts and video recording will be emailed to all registered and paid users within 5 working days after the training.|
Learn the statistics and important cultural information about the Hispanic market, to use this information as your competitive edge. Use this knowledge to help your current (or future clients) understand the importance of reaching millions of Spanish-speakers in the US and Latin America who are potential users of their products and services (for example translating their web sites and corporate brochures a crucial part of reaching audiences in markets where the target reader may be using search engines in Spanish). This 45-minute course is full of statistical and cultural information about the Hispanic market, and provides important reference materials.
English-Spanish freelancers starting in the translation industry.
Experienced English-Spanish freelancers who want to expand their clients database.
Freelancers interested in learning about the Hispanic market.
This course provides an understanding of the hispanic market in terms of size, demographic, geographic and economic profile, as well as ethnic, social and cultural background; it includes historical origins, immigration to the US and its impact on multicultural communication. At the end of this course, attendees will have a better understanding of the characteristics of the hispanic market in the 21st century.
Virtual platform system requirements
Click to expand
For PC-based Users:
• Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP, 2003 Server or 2000 (Linux is not supported)
• Internet Connection Required: Cable modem, DSL, or better recommended
• Recommended: Minimum of Pentium® class 1GHz CPU with 512 MB of RAM (2 GB of RAM for Windows Vista)
For Mac®-based Users:
• Required: Mac OS® X 10.4 (Tiger®), OS X 10.5 (Leopard®), OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard®)
• Internet Connection Required: Cable modem, DSL or better recommended
• Required: PowerPC G4/G5 or Intel processor, 512 MB of RAM or better
To Use VoIP (microphone and speakers or headset):
• Required: Fast Internet connection (384 kbps or more recommended)
• Required: speakers or headset (USB headset recommended)
• NOT required: Microphone - attendees can communicate with the trainer through incorporated chat.
• For the visual section of the training course, we recommend that you have a 64kbps link. This means using an ISDN line or Broadband. Wireless connection is NOT recommended.
• For the audio section of the training course, we recommend that you have a headset or speakers.
• We recommend that you log in 30 minutes in advance of the start time to prepare for the training course.
Courses will be open half an hour before the start time. Please login before the start time to ensure that everything on your system is working correctly.
Registration and access
Click to expand
Click on the buy button on the right to purchase your seat
Participation fee includes:
• access to webinar session.
• unlimited access to the webinar recording.
• powerpoint slides to remind participants of the key points and lessons learned.
• certificates of attendance.
How do I purchase my spot?
To purchase your seat at this session please click on the "buy" button. Available slots are limited and will be assigned to registered and paid participants as soon as payment is reported. Early payment is advised in order to secure participation. Allow some time for payment processing if you are paying by wire transfer.
After your payment is received, your status will be changed to “registered and paid” and your spot for the session will be secured. An invoice and receipt of payment will be sent to you for your records.
How do I access the online platform?
72 hours before the webinar takes place, you will receive an invitation to join the session. Please, click the registration link or button provided in the invitation email and complete the registration form.
Claudia Brauer View feedback | View all courses
|Bio: Claudia became a trainer of translators and interpreters in 2011, after 35 years of experience as a translator and interpreter. She is also a speaker, writer and blogger on topics related to the current state of the translation and interpreting industry.|
She has designed and delivered more than 200 hours of proprietary content and uses her wikis to freely disseminated some 25 copyrighted tools designed to help translators and interpreters in the 21st century virtual village.
The vision of BrauerTraining is to educate translators and interpreters, so they may become great quality professionals with a high code of ethics, embracing technology to remain competitive in today's world.
Claudia can be found on the web at http://brauertraining.com and on Twitter as @Brauer21Century.
Comments about this course
Do you have any questions about ProZ.com training?
Feedback on this course (1)