Duration: 60 minutes. Check what time the course is running in your local time here.
This webinar will not be recorded, but please feel free to register for future webinars announced here.
Learn how to book a place in a ProZ.com webinar by watching this video.
Learn how to become a professional translator and how to use ProZ.com to pursue translation as a career.
Though having knowledge of two or more languages may be enough reason to decide upon translation as a profession, this decision must be made carefully. There is more to translation than just knowing more than one language and being able to communicate the meaning of a source-language text through an equivalent target-language text. In other words, there is more to translation than meets the eye.
This webinar will describe the most common reasons for deciding on translation as a profession and the requirements professional translators should meet if they want to succeed in the translation industry.
Freelancers starting in the translation industry.
In this webinar you will:
learn the steps you should follow to become a professional translator.
see how ProZ.com can help you with succeeding in the translation industry.
Click to expand
Virtual platform system requirements
For PC-based Users:
• Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP, 2003 Server or 2000 (Linux is not supported)
• Internet Connection Required: Cable modem, DSL, or better recommended
• Recommended: Minimum of Pentium® class 1GHz CPU with 512 MB of RAM (2 GB of RAM for Windows Vista)
For Mac®-based Users:
• Required: Mac OS® X 10.4 (Tiger®), OS X 10.5 (Leopard®), OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard®)
• Internet Connection Required: Cable modem, DSL or better recommended
• Required: PowerPC G4/G5 or Intel processor, 512 MB of RAM or better
To Use VoIP (microphone and speakers or headset):
• Required: Fast Internet connection (384 kbps or more recommended)
• Required: speakers or headset (USB headset recommended)
• NOT required: Microphone - attendees can communicate with the trainer through incorporated chat.
• For the visual section of the training course, we recommend that you have a 64kbps link. This means using an ISDN line or Broadband. Wireless connection is NOT recommended.
• For the audio section of the training course, we recommend that you have a headset or speakers.
• We recommend that you log in 30 minutes in advance of the start time to prepare for the training course.
Courses will be open half an hour before the start time. Please login before the start time to ensure that everything on your system is working correctly.
Bio: Lucia Leszinsky is a member of the ProZ.com team devoted to site guidance activites, such as communicating with new members, providing them with assistance with their profiles and helping them to get the most from the site.
Hello, Unfortunately, I am not able to attend this webinar ''Getting started in translation''. Are there going to be similar seminars (for beginners) soon and what is the price generally? Kind regards, Kristina
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)