Check what time the course is running in your local time here.
Save money! Register for the 4 webinars in the series and get the 5th webinar for free!
Pay only 159 USD (regular price 195 USD). Click here to buy with the discount. Participation fee includes unlimited access to the webinars recordings whether you can attend the full live sessions or not.
Gain confidence to translate or interpret in business and financial settings by understanding some of the basic terminology of the industry.
This 90-minute session will provide the basic information and resources to study the terminology used in business settings and the financial industry. Topics include business concepts, organizational structures, human resources, contracts, marketing and sales, accounting, financial statements, multinational business, and global acronyms, amongst many others.
This is one session of a 5-part bundle on the terminology used in healthcare and medicine, legal settings and finance and business, and tips on how to build better glossaries. You may take each session individually or the 5 sessions as a unit.
Here is some feedback from others on these course's trainer:
"Claudia has a clear, practical, "natural" way of organizing and exposing a subject. She lets you feel at ease even with complex subjects and, in addition to the theoretical information, gives a lot of practical examples and materials/tools to use. This make her webinars not just very informative, but also immediately useful. Bravo!" Gianfranco Zecchino
"Well designed and interesting course. Also the handouts and the vast materials sent after the webinar are very interesting and complete. As usual Claudia shows full commitment to the subjects and to the attendees. Very serious and professional." Cnr
- Basic terminology used in business
- Basic terminology used in the finance industry
- Links and study recommendations to financial and business terminology needed in the industry
Sufficient command of English to understand the session.
PREPARATION materials will be shared BEFORE each session, and HANDS-ON exercises will be suggested to be completed AFTER each session. The student is expected to be fully engaged in the session with ACTIVE listening, individual thinking and processing of information, as well as hands-on note-taking and interactive activities. This is a fast-pace session with an upbeat and lively mood, that requires full engagement on the part of the participant.
Click to expand
Goods and Services
Marketing and Sales
Assets and Liabilities
ALSO, GREAT RESOURCES AND TOOLS FOR FURTHER STUDY AND REFERENCE.
Virtual platform system requirements
Click to expand
For webinars: Virtual platform system requirements
For PC-based Users:
• Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP, 2003 Server or 2000 (Linux is not supported)
• Internet Connection Required: Cable modem, DSL, or better recommended
• Recommended: Minimum of Pentium® class 1GHz CPU with 512 MB of RAM (2 GB of RAM for Windows Vista)
For Mac®-based Users:
• Required: Mac OS® X 10.4 (Tiger®), OS X 10.5 (Leopard®), OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard®)
• Internet Connection Required: Cable modem, DSL or better recommended
• Required: PowerPC G4/G5 or Intel processor, 512 MB of RAM or better
To Use VoIP (microphone and speakers or headset):
• Required: Fast Internet connection (384 kbps or more recommended)
• Required: speakers or headset (USB headset recommended)
• NOT required: Microphone - attendees can communicate with the trainer through incorporated chat.
• For the visual section of the training course, we recommend that you have a 64kbps link. This means using an ISDN line or Broadband. Wireless connection is NOT recommended.
• For the audio section of the training course, we recommend that you have a headset or speakers.
• We recommend that you log in 30 minutes in advance of the start time to prepare for the training course.
Courses will be open half an hour before the start time. Please login before the start time to ensure that everything on your system is working correctly.
Registration and access information
Click to expand
Click on the buy button on the right to purchase your seat
Participation fee includes:
• access to webinar session.
• unlimited access to the webinar recording.
• powerpoint slides to remind participants of the key points and lessons learned.
• certificates of attendance.
If I register will I be charged automatically?
No. Registering for the course means that you expressed interest in the training only. ProZ.com training session vacancies are limited, and minimum attendee confirmation is required in order for training sessions to be conducted, so be sure to book your seat as soon as possible.
How do I purchase my spot?
To purchase your seat at this session please click on the "buy" button. Available slots are limited and will be assigned to registered and paid participants as soon as payment is reported. Early payment is advised in order to secure participation. Allow some time for payment processing if you are paying by wire transfer.
After your payment is received, your status will be changed to “registered and paid” and your spot for the session will be secured. An invoice and receipt of payment will be sent to you for your records.
How do I access the online platform?
72 hours before the webinar takes place, you will receive an invitation to join the session. Please, click the registration link or button provided in the invitation email and complete the registration form.
Bio: Claudia became a trainer of translators and interpreters in 2011, after 35 years of experience as a translator and interpreter. She is also a speaker, writer and blogger on topics related to the current state of the translation and interpreting industry.
She has designed and delivered more than 200 hours of proprietary content and uses her wikis to freely disseminated some 25 copyrighted tools designed to help translators and interpreters in the 21st century virtual village.
The vision of BrauerTraining is to educate translators and interpreters, so they may become great quality professionals with a high code of ethics, embracing technology to remain competitive in today's world.
Hi Is it possible to have a certificate of attendance when the course is completed? Thanks
Indeed, a certificate of attendance will be available for download under "Training sessions attended" from your ProZ.com profile. Your purchase includes:
* access to the online session with a Q&A portion, * unlimited access to the video recording and course material (available within one working week after the session), * a certificate of attendance available for download from your ProZ.com profile.
Hope this helps.
My bests, Helen
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
"I found this course very helpful as I understand little of financial terms. However, I would have li..." Read moreked to see the terms as they are applied in an actual context. It was good to understand the basics and the homework materials will be very useful to go more in depth. I wasn't sure how the part about globalization fits in, since it was pretty general, but found it interesting. "