Member since Feb '11
English to French
| ||December 2013 || |
|29||30||31|| || || || |
Two in One! Trust a professional translator & trained linguist.
| Freelancer, Verified member |
|Blue Board: Théodore Dassé, Ph.D |
|Translation, Editing/proofreading, Voiceover (dubbing), Training|
|Architecture||Mechanics / Mech Engineering|
|Automotive / Cars & Trucks||Social Science, Sociology, Ethics, etc.|
|Medical (general)||Medical: Health Care|
|Law: Contract(s)||IT (Information Technology)|
|Also works in:|
|Advertising / Public Relations||Human Resources|
|Management||Materials (Plastics, Ceramics, etc.)|
|Medical: Pharmaceuticals||Military / Defense|
|Philosophy||Photography/Imaging (& Graphic Arts)|
|History||Government / Politics|
|Construction / Civil Engineering||Energy / Power Generation|
|Environment & Ecology||Finance (general)|
|Forestry / Wood / Timber||Geology|
English to French - Rates: 0.03 - 0.06 USD per word / 15 - 20 USD per hour
| USD |
| PRO-level points: 26, Questions answered: 26, Questions asked: 32 |
| 3 entries |
|Wire transfer, Visa|
|PhD - University of Yaoundé I, Cameroon|
|Years of translation experience: 7. Registered at ProZ.com: Mar 2009. Became a member: Feb 2011.|
|English to French (Yaoundé University, verified)|
|Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, SDL TRADOS, STAR Transit, Wordfast|
|CV available upon request|
| Dassé Théodore, Ph.D endorses ProZ.com's Professional Guidelines. |
2. Professional records
3. Academic credentials: Translation teaching, research and publications
5. Professional guidelines: offer and expectations
6. Rates policy
EXCELLENT WRITING SKILLS; EXCELLENT TERMINOLOGY RESEARCH SKILLS; HIGHLY MOTIVATED
a) Translation from English into French/French into English (see specialities in CV)
b) Voice over (French & English _Request sample)
c) Copywriting (French & English)
2. Professional records
a) Corporate clients
2006 to 2010: Member and leader of the Translation Team at the Laboratory of Electronics and Signal Processing of the Cameroon National Advanced School of Engineering (Ecole Nationale Supérieure Polytechnique.)
Translate the documents of various EU/India-sponsored projects in the areas of geo or climatic engineering (remote sensing techniques and technologies), waste management techniques and technologies, ICTs Development Programmes in Africa especially lectures/scholarly articles and syllabus for the Central Africa Virtual University.
2008 to present: Lead translator with the African Malaria Network Trust (AMANET)/ Cameroon Bioethics Initiative (CAMBIN).
Translate questionnaires, clinical trials documents including informed consent forms and other documents related to health research ethics and health research tout court, such as academic articles, workshop and conference presentations, pharmaceutical, medical and biomedical literature including findings of lab research papers.
October to December 2011: In-house copywriter/translator with Upstreamsystems.com (Greece office). Upstream is the leading provider of digital/online marketing solutions in the world.
Think up and write down in French and English 50 questions and 10 bulk messages per day within the framework of a 3-month marketing campaign in Cameroon carried out in partnership with Mobile Telecommunication Network (MTN) Cameroon. I wrote and translated some 4000 questions and 500 bulk messages under my Contract. This was a very demanding task based on creativity, precision and extreme attention to details.
Overall number: 51 so far from France, Canada, India, China, USA, UK, Poland, Austria, Russia, Argentina and Italy.
Ongoing collaboration with 29 agencies; regular assignments.
3. Academic credentials: Translation teaching and research
Since October 2008: Part time Translation and Comparative and Contrastive Studies university lecturer.
- Handle tutorial Translation and Comparative and Contrastive Studies courses at undergraduate level at the University of Yaoundé I, Department of English/French Bilingual Studies. Specifically I teach:
- Terminology and terminology research techniques;
- Reading and Writing skills;
- Translation techniques (Vinay and Darbelnet);
- Writing conventions in English and French;
- English versus French grammar and lexicology.
- Carry out translation research under my contract. In this respect, I have two (three soon) articles published in international peer-reviewed translation journals (see CV).
I also initiated, since 2009, a vast terminology research programme. The programme involves 23 colleagues from different continents. The fields covered so far include: ICTs, Automotive, Civil, Mechanical and Electronic Engineering, Electricity, Mining, Law (general, contracts, patents, etc.) and Medical/Pharmaceutical.
a) Member of the Certified PRO Newtwork of Proz.com
b) Chief Editor of the French Team of translations4surveys.com (Argentina & USA);
c) Mentor of Fresh translators in the Mentorship Programme of Proz.com.
4. Professional guidelines: Offer and expectations
- I am deeply aware of the importance of good quality work and would not hesitate to turn down an offer if realize I cannot satisfy the client and end user for one reason or another;
- I am permanently available (even on the phone), am honest, flexible, duty conscious and hence reliable;
- I put yours or your client's satisfaction first. Work done and delivered first, other issues next, whatever the situation.
- I am discreet and easy going. You will enjoy working with me.
- I am capable of working on very large volumes within agreed deadlines with the help of my team of selected colleagues (see CV).
- I expect clients to share my values of responsibility, seriousness and honesty.
- I expect clients to communicate and have confidence in me;
- I expect any prospective client to pay for any test I do;
- I expect 'jokers' to avoid contacting me.
6. Rates policy
My rates vary depending on the following variables:
- Nature of the text: General/ technical/legal.
- Length: I make discounts from 10001+ words.
- Collaboration option: Long vs short term.
Let's discuss; you may be surprised....positively! smiley
|This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.|
|Total pts earned: 30|
PRO-level pts: 26
|English to French||26|
|Top general fields (PRO)|
|Top specific fields (PRO)|
|Mechanics / Mech Engineering||4|
|Automotive / Cars & Trucks||4|
See all points earned >
Keywords: English into French professional translator, French into English professional translator, English into French freelance translator, French into English freelance translator, English into French linguist, French into English linguist, technical translation, quality translation, general translation, accounting, English into French + professional translator, French into English + professional translator, English into French + freelance translator, French into English + freelance translator, English into French + linguist, French into English + linguist, health research, telecommunications, ICT, engineering, medical, bioethics, biodiversity, proofreading, revision, technology, civil engineering, agriculture/ clinical trials, history, geography, anthropology, sociology, accounting, legal, generic, general, contracts, proofreading, academic, education, science, environment, copy-writing; writer, copywriting, copywriter, Cameroon, Africa, French, automotive, Africa, African, French linguist, théodore, dassé, African, Canadian, linguist, copywriting, Voiceover artist, African voiceover artist, French voiceover artist, English voiceover artist,
58 visits in the last month,
from a total of 31 visitors This profile has received
Profile last updated