Ernesto García- Marín, PhD.
1514 Cardinal Lane, Brownsville TX 78521-1516 USA
1308 Bravo/14th, Matamoros TA 87300 MEX
145 San Sebastian 6, Lima, La Molina, Peru
Phones: +1 (512) 547-3646 USA
+52 (868) 812- 1666 Mexico
+51 (1) 368- 5502 Peru
ENGLISH TO SPANISH & SPANISH TO ENGLISH LINGUIST
HIGHLY VERSATILE AND EXPERIENCED, POSSESSING THE REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE,
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS TO CARRY-OUT ALL LEVELS OF TRANSLATION PROJECTS
Translations into both Mexican and Latin-American Spanish (native speaker of Mexican Spanish, with several years residence and work experience in the South America) Advertising Translation, Biotechnology Translation, Healthcare Translation, and Patent Translation.
- Biochemical Engineer: Specialized in Food Engineering and Marine Science, Summa Cum Laude. Post Graduate Courses: Fish Food Processing, Fisheries, Limnology, Aquaculture, Environmental Research and Management, Civil Engineering, Marketing, Business Management, Marketing, Financial Markets, Government, and others.
- Several Degrees at Master´s in Science Level: Public Administration, Aquaculture Production, Port Management (Spain), Maritime Transportation and Import-Export Organization (Mexico).
- Doctoral Degree in: Latin American Comparative Politics, International Relations and Government.
Has undergone many complimentary courses in:
Laws, Project Financing and Economic Evaluation, International Commerce, Financial Markets, Organization Development, Market Strategies, Coastal Environmental Research and Management, Environmental Impact Assessment, Certified Instructor, Port Management and Construction, Quality Management, BSC, KAIZEN, Maritime Transportation and Logistics, and worked as University Professor in Industrial Engineering, Industrial Psychology, Organizational Development, Economics, Finance, Statistics, political Science, Government, Market Research, etc.
Professionally involved mainly in:
Biochemical, Economic, Scientific Literature Research (Agro industrial, Medical, Patents, Law, Pharmaceutical, Aquaculture, Oceanography, Limnology), Marine Sciences, Manager and Consultant in Environmental Research and Ecology, Aquaculture Management and Production, Governmental Administration, Construction Management and Planning (Civil Engineering Consulting for employee Housing & Aquaculture Installations), Business Facilitation & Development for Export Industry, Management, Political Adviser, Political Research, Port Management and Maritime Transportation. He has also developed industrial products and technologies still available in industry at this date.
Collaborated as professional consultant or by retainer for the following firms:
- Volks Wagen of Matamoros, Mexico, Parts management, motor mechanics.
- Technologic de Monterrey, with the Agriculture and Hydraulic Resources Ministry of Mexico: Aquaculture Research&Dev. Mexico.
- NIHON REIZO, K.K.: Food Technology, Japan.
- Minister of Agriculture, trainee for Aflatoxin analysis, Japan.
- Banco de Mexico - Institute for Technological Research: Economic Studies, Scientific Literature Search - Mexico
- Fideicomiso (Trust) para el Desarrollo de la Fauna Acuatica (FIDEFA): Aquaculture Development, Government Administration – Mexico
- Secretaria de Pesca: Civil and Aquaculture Engineering, Mexico
- GRUPO ICA, ICATEC: Civil & Aquaculture Engineering Consultant, Mexico
: Direccion General de Pesca Tamaulipas: Director General, Mexico
- Rio Escondido Aquaculture Farm, SRL: Project Manager and CEO, Mexico
- Gobierno del Estado de Tamaulipas: Ministry of Industry and Mines, Mexico
- El Cielo Ecological Reserve: Project Manager, Mexico
- Universidad International of America: UNIVERSITY PROFESSOR & CONSULTANT, Mexico
- GM Consult: CONSULTING IN ORGANIZATION DEVELOPMENT, Mexico
- CANACINTRA: CHAIRMAN & CEO, Mexico
- PRI Party, political and economic consulting, Mexico.
- Partido Accion Nacional. Governor’s Political Campaign. Mexico.
- PELIKAN Dev. Co: Spec Housing, South Padre Island, TX. USA
- Coatzacoalcos Port Authority: PORT DIRECTOR, Mexico
- Veracruz Port Authority: PORT DIRECTOR, Mexico
- Camara Comercio Lima. El Callao Port Consultant. Peru.
- Campoverde Consultores, SC, Port Consulting
- Puerto de Coatzacoalcos Authority, S.A.C.V.
- Proteccion Tecnica, Insurance Brokers.
I enjoy translating and have been Freelancing since early 2002, first as a hobby and now full time.
I have done translation, interpretation, proofreading and editing projects In the fields related to: Biotechnology, Fisheries, Aquaculture, Medical, Pharmacy, Food Technology, analytical instruments, laboratory equipment, Law and Patents, Business Management, Construction Management, Market Strategy, Quality Control Management, Industrial Engineering, Kaizen, BSC, Financial Markets, Automotive and Trucks manuals, Civil Engineering, Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, Economy, Literature, History, Marketing texts, leaflets, other more creative text types, for:
Company Subject/ Occupation
Tecnologico de Monterrey, Mex/ Shrimp Farming Research Report
Instituto Mexicano de Investigaciones. IMIT. Technical, Engineering, Food processing, Agriculture, Medical, MSDS, Pharmaceuticals documents Translations
Consultores ICATEC. SA, Mex/ Aquaculture Engineering Report
Vazquez Pando, Celis Azuela & Associates, S.C. Mex/ Multiple subjects
Fleishman and O`Connor, USA/ Maquiladora Industry marketing brochures
Campoverde Consultores, SRL, Peru/ Organization Development Manual
Camara de Comercio de Lima, CCL, Peru, Ports and Maritime Transportation
AXIS, SA, Peru/ Arquitectural Design Manual
Tamaulipas State Gov, MEX/ Economic Reports
Durango State Gov. Mex./ Advisor for Aquaculture Projects Development.
Chiapas State Gov. Mex/ Macuspana Economic Development Plan
Autonomus University of Tamaulipas, MEX/ Multiple subjects
International University of America, MEX
Fusion Media Ltd. CBG / Multiple subjects
Consult AB,/ Multiple subjects
Abrasiya Translations/ Multiple subjects
Meridian Mark Language Services/ Multiple subjects
Absolute Interpreting and Translations Ltd,/ Multiple subjects
London Translations Limited/ Multiple subjects
Global LT, Inc./ Multiple subjects
Temple Translations/ Multiple subjects
Transperfect/ Multiple subjects
Interworld Translations/ Multiple subjects
Argos Translations/ Multiple subjects
U.S. Translation Company/ Multiple subjects
Translation Central/ Multiple subjects
USA Translation Company/ Multiple subjects
Translations of America/ Multiple subjects
ASTA USA Translation Services/ Multiple subjects
Campoverde Consultores, SC / Multiple subjects
CuttingEdge Translation, India/ Multiple subjects
TRAINMAR / Maritime Transportation Report
API Coatzacoalcos/ Maritime issues
Cuttingedge Translation Services / Business Multiple subjects. SAP Germany, Management; ELB Ex-gerate Mechanical/electronic Manual; Automotive Manuals; Thermal detector manuals;
LigthtHouse / EIA, Power Generation/ Multiple subjects
Aldus.ca/ Oil&Gas, Financial / Oil and Gas/ Multiple subjects
Protection Technical, Insurance Policies and Multiple subjects, MSDS, medical reviews, pediatrics and cardiology literature
Eurasia Translations, San Francisco, CA./ EIA/ Financial/ Oil and Gas/ Multiple subjects.
Traductia Tradutores e Locutores profissionais, Argentina&Brasil, Legal, Government, Manual NoteBook, Training and the job.
PIMSA/Termoequipos/PelikanDevCo. Mexico. English to Spanish trans/ed/proof, chemical products web site.
INMOBILIARI Peru, Construction, Multiple subjects.
Regional Hospitals of Northern Mexico, CMQ and Pediatrics Association
Regional Hospitals Southern California. Language Arts&Science.
Medical & Healthcare - Pharmacology. LanguageWire.
CAT tools: WF 3, TradosStudio 2011, OmegaT