Member since Nov '07
Lithuanian to English
| The LT>EN Guy |
Pro in legal and government-related docs
| || |
| Freelancer, Verified member |
|Translation, Website localization, Voiceover (dubbing), Transcription|
|Law (general)||Law: Contract(s)|
|Law: Taxation & Customs||Law: Patents, Trademarks, Copyright|
|Government / Politics||Military / Defense|
|Also works in:|
|Certificates, Diplomas, Licenses, CVs||General / Conversation / Greetings / Letters|
|Social Science, Sociology, Ethics, etc.||Tourism & Travel|
|Real Estate||Energy / Power Generation|
|Business/Commerce (general)||Investment / Securities|
|Marketing / Market Research||Telecom(munications)|
|Internet, e-Commerce||Finance (general)|
|Anthropology||Environment & Ecology|
|Years of translation experience: 11. Registered at ProZ.com: Dec 2001. Became a member: Nov 2007.|
|Lithuanian to English (University of St Andrews)|
|Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Passolo, Powerpoint, SDL TRADOS, SDLX|
|CV will be provided upon request|
I possess a unique combination of qualities, experience and professional interests that distinguish me as a provider of legal and government-related translations in the LT>EN pair.
- I have been a freelance translator for the past 10 years.
- I have a perfect command of both English and Lithuanian.
- My background. I was born in Lithuania, but was later brought up in the United States (hence my bilingualism). I then gained my knowledge of British English by attending a university in the UK for 4 years.
- My two most distinct advantages are that LT>EN is my only language pair and that my LT>EN experience is specialised.
- I have two university degrees in social sciences and also take great personal interest in law.
- As an experienced translator, I am now concentrating more and more exclusively on work in the following areas: legislation, public procurement and funding, private and intellectual property law, court records. The end users of my translations are mostly various European institutions, foreign companies and British law enforcement agencies.
- Translation is my principal professional activity, and I can therefore give your document the exceptional attention it requires and deserves. I take pride in being very meticulous when it comes to my translations, and so I always love to receive feedback.
- Depending on the circumstances of a particular project, I work with Trados (2007/2009) or with MS Office (I can deliver the translated files in .pdf format as well).
Some of the fields in which I have the most experience:
• Legislation and various regulatory documents
I have translated numerous acts, standards and notifications, often with the European Commission as the end client
• Public procurement and EU funding
Documents pertaining to some of the biggest procurement procedures in Lithuania, as well as to applications for Structural and Cohesion funding
• Private law and intellectual property
Private contracts, family law and trademark dispute filings
• Court records from civil and criminal cases
Mostly for cases where British prosecutors and courts request background information on Lithuanian defendants
A long track record of translating Eurobarometer surveys
E.g. the section on Lithuania of EC's 'Your Europe – Business' website
• Certificates, diplomas, licences, etc.
I am more than happy to provide translations of vital records, diplomas, driving licences, personal IDs or any other similar documents
Thank you for your interest, and I very much look forward to receiving your email or message!
Keywords: translation from Lithuanian, Lithuanian translator, Lithuanian to English translator, specialised, legal, law, legislation, technical regulations, public procurement, tenders, EU, cohesion funds, structural funds, contracts, family law, trademarks, patents, certificates, diplomas, court records, surveys, websites
Profile last updated