Member since Apr '05
English to Macedonian
Macedonian to English
Serbian to English
Croatian to English
| Sashenka Ljuben |
20 years of experience, prompt, accurate
Skopje, Centar, Macedonia (FYROM)
Local time: 12:02 CEST (GMT+2)
| || |
| Freelancer, Verified member|
This translator is helping to localize ProZ.com into Macedonian
|Translation, Interpreting, Editing/proofreading, Website localization, Software localization, Subtitling, Copywriting|
|Automotive / Cars & Trucks||Manufacturing|
|Computers: Hardware||Business/Commerce (general)|
|Furniture / Household Appliances||Military / Defense|
|Law (general)||Government / Politics|
|Also works in:|
|Advertising / Public Relations||Law: Patents, Trademarks, Copyright|
|Linguistics||Marketing / Market Research|
|Media / Multimedia||Medical: Pharmaceuticals|
|Medical: Health Care||Medical (general)|
|Social Science, Sociology, Ethics, etc.||Textiles / Clothing / Fashion|
|Tourism & Travel||Transport / Transportation / Shipping|
|Law: Contract(s)||Investment / Securities|
|Education / Pedagogy||Electronics / Elect Eng|
|Engineering (general)||Engineering: Industrial|
|Environment & Ecology||Forestry / Wood / Timber|
|General / Conversation / Greetings / Letters||History|
|IT (Information Technology)||Insurance|
| PRO-level points: 217, Questions answered: 107, Questions asked: 101 |
|Wire transfer, Skrill, Visa, Payoneer|
|Sample translations submitted: 1 |
|English to Macedonian: Cooperation on Employment in Southeast Europe|
|Source text - English|
The armed conflicts in the former Yugoslavia in the 1990's seriously affected the national economies and the national labour markets, not only of the countries directly involved in these conflicts, but also those of its neighbouring countries. The combined impact of direct war damages, the economic embargo imposed on the belligerent countries, the lack of domestic capital for necessary large-scale restructuring and reluctunce of foreign capital to come to the country due to the political and economic uncertainties contributed to the much slower recovery and to high unemployment and underemployment of the population. In order to boost economic restructuring and growth of these countries, stabilise their political and social development, assist in resolving their disputes and pending problems and accelerate their integration in the European Union, the Stability Pact was concluded in 1999.
|Translation - Macedonian|
Вооружените конфликти во поранешна Југославија во 1990-те години сериозно ги погодија домашните економии и пазарите на труд, не само во земјите директно инволвирани во овие конфликти, туку исто така и нивните соседни земји. Комбинираното влијание на директните воени штети, економското ембарго врз завојуваните земји, недостатокот од домашен капитал за неопходното обемно реструктурирање и колебањето на странскиот капитал за влез во земјата како резултат на политичката и економската нестабилност придонесе за нивното многу побавно опоравување, и големата невработеност на населението. За да се поттикне економското реструктурирање и порастот на овие земји, за да се стабилизира нивниот политички и социјален развој, да се помогне решавањето на нивните спорови и нерешените проблеми и да се забрза нивната интеграција во Европската Унија, во 1999 беше основан Пактот за стабилност.
| Sashenka Glossary |
|Master's degree - University Ss. Cyril and Methodius Skopje|
|Years of translation experience: 21. Registered at ProZ.com: Oct 2003. Became a member: Apr 2005.|
|English to Macedonian (Ministry of Justice, verified)|
Macedonian to English (Ministry of Justice, verified)
|Macedonian Localization Team|
|Across, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, TStream Editor, Passolo, Powerpoint, SDL TRADOS, SDLX, Wordbee, Wordfast|
| CV/Resume (DOC)English (DOCX)|
| Sashenka Ljuben endorses ProZ.com's Professional Guidelines (v1.1). |
* 2016 - present - Translator/Interpreter on TVET Reform Project of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Macedonia, financed by the World Bank
* 2013 to 2016 - Freelance translator and conference interpreter
* 2011 - 2013 - Part-time translator and interpreter on EU funded project Technical Assistance to the Unit for Cooperation with NGOs in the General Secretariat of Government of the Republic of Macedonia
* 1998 - 2009 - Translator and interpreter on USAID funded projects for Commercial Law; Accession of Macedonia to the WTO; WTO Compliance Activity and Business Environment Activity implemented by Booz Allen Hamilton.
* Official interpreter to the Macedonian delegation during the negotiations for accession of Macedonia to the WTO to the WTO Secretariat in Geneva.
* Interpreting at numerous conferences, seminars and workshops.
* Translation of legal documents from various government agencies and ministries and other international organizations based in Macedonia, such as: IMF, UNDP, UNHCR, European Commission, EAR, World Bank, OSCE, USAID, etc .
* Translations in the fields of business, justice, personal documents (certificates), education, finance, accounting, automotive industry, software localization, web site localization, telecommunications, forestry, medicine, pharmaceuticals, defense, terrorism, technical manuals, nutrition facts etc. Some of my clients: DHL, Sony Mobile Communications, Huawei, Siemens, Biosense Webster, Johnson and Johnson, NICE Vision, Sanofi Aventis, Blackberry, Yahoo!, Google, General Electric Healthcare, Ethicon, Gilead Sciences, Grand Thornton, KPMG, Habitat for Humanity etc.
* Translation of the AITIC Glossary of the Most Commonly Used International Trade Terms with particular Reference to the WTO Terminology - Eng>Mac and Mac>Eng. Available on the web site of the Customs Administration of the Republic of Macedonia and of the Ministry of Economy.
* Compilation of a Glossary of Commercial Law and Trade Eng>Mac and Mac>Eng (with 7000 terms and expressions and 1400 definitions and explanations, published in a CD form.
* Translation of the Results of the Uruguay Round of Negotiations - Eng>Mac.
* Translation of a sizeable counter-terrorism training project - Defensive Tactics for Protection of VIP Persons.
* Translation of the EU Directives, Regulations, Resolutions and Decisions in the field of medicine, pharmaceuticals, nutrition and telecommunications from English into Macedonian.
* Translation of the Questions and Answers of the EU and Macedonia for initiating the process for accession to the EU and obtaining the status of a candidate country.
* Translation of EU Brochures: "It's a better life - How the EU's Single Market Benefits You"; "How the EU Works"; "The ABC of Community Law"; "Europe in 12 Lessons".
* Translation of various laws: trade company law, trade law, electronic communications law and pertinent secondary legislation, law on banks, law on the bar, law on payment operations, law on profit tax, law VAT, law on customs, law on public procurement, law against unfair competition, law against limiting competition, law on agriculture, draft regulations on patents, appellation of origin and geographical indication.
* Translation of brochures, instructions for use of various types of medicaments, medical devices and other medical aids for Medical Marketing Services, Johnson and Johnson - LifeScan, Phillips, Siemens, Biolase, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Gilead Sciences Limited, Laboratories Besins International, Faculty of Medicine and Faculty of Pharmacy at the University St. Cyril and Methodius, Drug Bureau of the Republic of Macedonia.
* Translation of brochures, instructions for use, catalogues, manuals, packaging and the like for the clients of the advertising agency Gorenje, Sony, Sony Mobile Communications, Huawei, Phillips, Peugeot, Pliva-Zagreb, LG, Electrolux, AEG, Siemens, Faber, Nardi, Podravka and Henkel Cosmetic.
* Localization of internet web sites.
* Software localization (railway management, surveillance systems, mobile phones, web-office, self-guided vehicles...)
* Translation of various projects for a number of agencies from Canada, Belgium, Hungary, England, Ireland, Australia, India, USA, Germany, France, Italy, Latvia, Austria, Spain, etc. via Proz.com.
* Translation and web site localization for clients in the automotive industry.
* Translation of tender documentation for tenders in various fields, including: telecommunications, road construction, waste management, hydro power plants, airport, etc.
* Translation of surveys for Eurobarometer, InSites, BizClir, Doing Business of the World Bank
* M.A. Degree in Conference Interpreting from the University Ss. Cyril and Methodius, Faculty of Philology, Skopje
* B.A. Degree in English Language, Literature and Translation from the University Ss. Cyril and Methodius, Faculty of Philology, Skopje
* On-line Course for Localization, Monterey Institute of International Studies
* Series of seminars and workshops about the World Trade Organization: subsidies, anti-dumping, countervailing measures, SPS agreement, TBT Agreement, TRIPS Agreement, Dispute Resolution, etc.
|This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.|
|This user has reported completing projects in the following job categories, language pairs, and fields.|
|Project History Summary|
|With client feedback||0|
|0 positive (0 entries)|
|Macedonian to English||1|
Keywords: automotive industry, computers, software, localization, website localization, trade, law, management, business, marketing, justice, accounting, medicine, pharmacy, banking, education, telecommunicaitons, technical manuals, defense, forestry, nutrition, tc.
Profile last updated
Nov 3, 2016