Member since Sep '04
Russian to English
English to Russian
| ||October 2014 || |
| || || ||1||2||3||4|
| Freelancer, Verified member |
ProZ.com Kudoz editor
|Blue Board: Kisin Language Services |
|Translation, Interpreting, Editing/proofreading, Website localization, Software localization, Subtitling, Transcription, Project management, Vendor management|
|Law: Contract(s)||Law (general)|
|Games / Video Games / Gaming / Casino||Finance (general)|
|Business/Commerce (general)||Marketing / Market Research|
|Economics||Government / Politics|
|Management||Sports / Fitness / Recreation|
|Also works in:|
|Advertising / Public Relations||Media / Multimedia|
|Military / Defense||Philosophy|
|Printing & Publishing||Real Estate|
|Retail||Social Science, Sociology, Ethics, etc.|
|Telecom(munications)||Tourism & Travel|
|Slang||Idioms / Maxims / Sayings|
|Law: Patents, Trademarks, Copyright||Investment / Securities|
|Cinema, Film, TV, Drama||Computers: Software|
|Energy / Power Generation||Engineering (general)|
|Environment & Ecology||General / Conversation / Greetings / Letters|
|Human Resources||IT (Information Technology)|
|Internet, e-Commerce||Certificates, Diplomas, Licenses, CVs|
English to Russian - Standard rate: 0.10 GBP per word / 40 GBP per hour
| GBP |
| PRO-level points: 1725, Questions answered: 912, Questions asked: 183 |
| 1 projects entered 1 positive feedback from outsourcers |
|Project Details||Project Summary||Corroboration|
Volume: 2000 words
Completed: Jun 2006
Russian to English
|Editing news articles|
Editing news articles on terrorism finances.
Mikhail Kropotov: Konstantin provides expert editing services. His bilingual abilities have proved invaluable on many occasions during our collaboration.
| Finance, General, Insurance, Law (civil), Law (Criminal), Malaria, Military, Philosophy, Politics |
|Years of translation experience: 10. Registered at ProZ.com: Aug 2004. Became a member: Sep 2004.|
|ProZ.com Russian Localization Team|
|Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office Pro, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, QuarkXPress, SDL TRADOS, Wordfast|
|CV available upon request|
| Conferences organizedConference presentations|
- 7th ProZ.com Conference - Prague 2010 - Understanding Your Client (and why that's important!)
- IV. ProZ.com France Networking and Training Days - Paris 2010 - Understanding Your Client (and why that's important!), Understanding Your Client
- Freelance Translator Virtual Conference - (Members Only) Boost Your Productivity Now!, Marketing & Promotion for Freelance Translators, Specialization for Today's Freelance Translator
- Virtual teaser - Negotiation & Communication Skills Workshop - Virtual Teaser for London 2011
- 1st ProZ.com Europe International conference - Rome 2011 - Boost Your Productivity Now!
- ProZ.com's 2011 freelance translator virtual conference - <FONT COLOR="#336666">Negotiation - a little effort goes a long way</FONT>, <FONT COLOR="#0000FF">ProZ.com members only - Group discussion - Finding balance in home and work life</FONT>, <FONT COLOR="#0000FF">ProZ.com members only - Panel discussion - Finding balance in home and work life</FONT>
- ProZ.com 2011 Recruitment day event - <FONT COLOR="9900CC">Panel discussion - Working for translation agencies.</FONT>
- ProZ.com 2012 international conference - Negotiation and Communication Skills
- Questions you have always wanted to ask one-day recruitment opportunities! - Translation Agency Interview, Technology Provider Interview with SDL Trados, Interview with experienced translator and ProZ.com trainer Konstantin Kisin, Welcome address from ProZ.com trainer Konstantin Kisin, Translation End Client Interview, From the 2011 Recruitment virtual event - Panel discussion - Working for translation agencies.
- 2012 Freelance translator virtual conference - Negotiate Your Way to Success!, Panel discussion - Price point strategies
- FREE INTRODUCTION to Improve Your Essential Business Skills with Konstantin Kisin - FREE INTRODUCTION to Improve Your Essential Business Skills with Konstantin Kisin
- Negotiation & Communication Skills - Negotiation & Communication Skills Workshop
- Boost Your Productivity Now! - Boost Your Productivity Now! Workshop
- Questions you have always wanted to ask 2013 - Translation Agency Interview with Edward Potter founder of I.L.S., Welcome address, Technology provider interview with István Lengyel, COO Kilgray Translation Technologies, Interview with experienced translator and ProZ.com trainer Konstantin Kisin
- 2013 ProZ.com International Conference - Translate more, more easily
- Negotiation & Communication Skills Workshop - Negotiation & Communication Skills Workshop
- Translator Boot Camp - Starting Out as a Freelance Translator, Building your business with ProZ.com, Setting rates as a professional translator.
- 2013 freelance translator virtual conference - Succeed at ProZ.com
- ProZ.com Networking Marathon - ProZ.com 2013 Session Marathon
- ProZ.com's 2014 virtual conference for International Translation Day - Succeed at ProZ.com
| Konstantin Kisin endorses ProZ.com's Professional Guidelines. |
- Expertise - - Economics and Finance -
Audits, market reviews, ratings (Standard and Poors, Fitch, Moody's), roadshows, contracts, PR texts, banking reports, statements, loan agreements, EBRD documentation, WB/IMF reports, contracts and deals, news and financial analysis, B-2-B correspondence, insurance, investment banking, tender documentation, risk management, macro-economic reports and analysis.
- Legal - Criminal
: statements, legal correspondence, transcripts of police interviews and interrogations, court rulings etc.
: I have been entrusted with translating contracts with an aggregate value of over $600m. Over 300,000 words on recent high profile corporate court cases (YUKOS) in Russia including rulings, appeals, news coverage etc.
- Video Games -
With more than 10 published games under my belt, I am your go-to guy for video game translations. My experience includes translation of scripts, ingame menus, manuals and just about anything related to video games. I have an indepth knowledge of video games and experience of translating them. References available. Please click here
for more information.
- Marketing & Market Research -
Market analysis, market studies, surveys, polls, marketing and promotional texts, advertising copy, proposals etc.
- Politics & Social Sciences-
Articles, essays, journals and books on: International relations, Geopolitics, Politics, Political Science, History and others. Translated numerous recommendations of the International Commission for the Balkans and over 100,000 words on EU integration and enlargement.
- Sports -
Football, American Football, Hockey (Field & Ice), Golf, Tennis, Table Tennis, Basketball, Cricket. I have played most of these sports personally and take a great interest in all of them.
- Interpreting -
Please click here
for details of our interpreting service.
If your enquiry is urgent please contact me on +44 (0) 7940 47 39 98 (omit the "0" for international calls) or Skype me by clicking the button below.
Over my 10 years as a freelancer I have worked on some of the most challenging texts around and my clients now range from huge financial institutions such as Merrill Lynch, Goldman Sachs & HSBC to game developers like GSC Gameworld and audio production companies like Outsource Media UK. All in all I have worked for governments, TNCs, financial institutions, a range of Fortune 500 companies, software developers & publishers, localisation companies, NGOs, charities, manufacturers and a host of translation agencies.
As well as translating, I also worked as an in-house editor & proofreader for a market intelligence company for over 2 years where I edited Russian->English translations for the British market. I am now able to provide my clients with high-quality editing and proofreading services.
Despite being of Russian origin, I prefer to translate into my dominant native language - English. Having lived in the UK since I was a child I am not only bilingual but also bicultural meaning that whichever language I translate into my understanding of the source is always sound. All translations into Russian are edited/proofread by a native speaker resident in a Russian-speaking country with experience in the relevant topic.
You will find me flexible, professional and easy to do business with.
Feel free to contact me in one of the following ways:
- Phone: +44 (0) 7940 47 39 98 (omit the "0" for international calls)
- E-mail: info -at- kisin.co.uk
- Skype: kostya_kisin
- ICQ: 101211264
| Click below to see my clients' feedback|
Comments: +14 / 0 / -0
|i5-3570K CPU||Windows 7|
|8GB RAM||Office 2010|
|256 GB SSD||Wordfast|
|GeForce GTX 670||ABBYY Finereader 10|
|CD/DVD-RW||Catalyst 5.0 DE|
|Acrobat 9.0 Pro|
|24MB broadband||Spybot S&D|
|Headset||NAT router firewall||This user has earned KudoZ points by helping other translators with PRO-level terms. Click point total(s) to see term translations provided.|
Keywords: finance, economics, political, tourism, business, corporate, audit, energy, financial, banking, stock exchange, forex, commodities, shares, stocks, broker, investment, monetary, money, travel, foreign, trade, trading, credit, crediting, leasing, lease, loan, growth, market, supply, demand, capital, stake, Edinburgh, Scotland, London, England, UK, Great Britain, Russian, English, politics, political theory, social science, sociology, philosophy, video games, games, fps, shooters, strategy, russian translation, переводы, услуги перевода, политика, геополитика, перевод, английский, перевод с английского, перевод на английский, экономические переводы, финансовые переводы, спортивные переводы, kostya, kissine, interpreting, kisin, language, services, legal, interpreter, banks, finance, corporate, clients, correspondence, video games, fps, shooters, legal, law, firm, text, debate, discussion, court, case, statement, ruling, decree, law, legislation, legislative, conference, speaker, trainer, training, insurance, marketing, PR, communications, страхование, бизнес, инвестиции
Profile last updated