Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
• Understanding the difference between dictionaries and glossaries; understanding the various aspects in providing feedback on such resources.
• Making the best use of ProZ.com’s powerful resources, including Glosspost, Dictionary and Reference Board, and KudoZ.
• Understanding the importance of terminology consistency and how it can be improved by using CAT tools. Overcoming the frequent trepidation of using terminology modules in CAT tools (MultiTerm, etc.)
• Understanding the concordance search function and the advantages of using a secondary (or tertiary) TM.
• Learning the basics of terminology management, including the preparation of a monolingual list of relevant terms from the source file.
• Tips on how to find existing glossaries and other relevant resources, and how to convert them to the format you need.
• Learning best practices on how to find and use relevant resources (parallel websites, parallel texts, dedicated portals) to establish the target-language equivalent of a difficult source term.
• Learn useful techniques of using search engines to find the equivalent terms.