This two module conceptual and actionable programme prepares a freelance linguist / project manager / aspirant agency owner for the change of role needed. A freelance linguist turned agency owner shares real-life, direct input on the challenge of founding, leading and growing with an agency. The presentation shares practitioner's insight into issues which are fundamentally different than encountered in the previous role. It also tells the rewards that follows the challenges.
It provides modularized, practical and actionable tips to manage finance and time (and crisis), building supply chains (and creative destruction of them), marketing and brand-induction (freelance brand to agency brand), SSSH techniques (Segmentation, Social Networking, Stealth and Honour) in building, running and leading an Agency.
Linguists who are either contemplating to start an agency OR those who are already functioning like an agency and wants to balance the roles better and grow on both the roles.
Managing the Self
• From diligent worker to intelligent delegator
Issues : Change of Roles
•(Global) Time management
•Stress management - not only one's own
• From self-discipline to mentoring discipline
• Building and Managing Supply Chains
• Bi-Polar financial world : getting paid to paying others
• Financial Management - Cash Flow, Profit Margin, Revenue, Liquidity, Credit
• Self Marketing to Team Marketing
• Branding other's work for your brand
1 hour 25 minutes
Read the feedback on this session here
It is recommended to wait the whole or most part of the video to load before playing, specially if you have a slow Internet connection.