To purchase access click on the Buy now button
There is no limit on how many times you can watch a video.
All your purchased videos will be listed under My videos
Price: $ 15.00
This overview session will help equip a range of MT users (freelancers, translation agencies, government translation bureaus, multinational corporations) with the necessary information for making a well-informed decision on if and how Machine Translation (MT) is a valid option for their specific contexts. It is presented by an industry expert who has developed, tested, deployed all existing types of MT systems and software in a variety of small, medium and large customer contexts, who is officially certified on several MT software systems, and who has trained many professional translation users on different MT software applications.
The agenda topics include:
* An overview of the range of MT software and system types based on the perspective of Inbound and Outbound translation needs
* Demystifying the debate on rule-based, statistical-based, and other types of MT systems
* What is the difference between Google Translate/other online portals vs paid software/systems
* Can MT and Translation Memory (TM)/CAT tools be combined, and how?
* List of questions to conduct one's own needs-analysis for the selection process of MT software and systems
* Answering the very frequent question
* Making a tool/system choice based on language pair/direction, budget, local hardware and network set-up, other 3rd party software, human resource constraints, team size, local vs. distributed teams, etc.
* Mention of references to cases studies of different system types for each level of user/customer size (from freelancer to multi-national corporation)
* Open question/answer time to respond to many key concerns and questions raised by participants
Duration: 1 hour