Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
I am a highly qualified native Italian with a proficient level of English and excellent translation skills. I have over 17 years’ experience in translation and samples of my work can be obtained upon request.
I have taken up residence in Italy (province of Cuneo), having relocated from Abu Dhabi (UAE) and, prior to that, from London where I lived and worked for 9 and over 10 years respectively.
I am a Member of the Chartered Institute of Linguists (MCIL). I am listed as a Certified Translator on the official Translators’ directory of:
- the General Consulate of Italy in London
- the Italian Consulate in Edinburgh
- the UK Home Office and Foreign and Commonwealth Office (GOV.UK)
- the Embassy of Italy in Dublin
- the General Consulate of Italy in Mumbai, India
- the US Consulate General in Milan
I am also a trusted Translator and Interpreter of the Italian Embassy in Abu Dhabi by Decree.
I am a sworn translator of the Tribunal of Cuneo (Italy) and I am registered as a professional translator with the Chamber of Commerce of Cuneo (Italy).
I provide fully certified/sworn translation to be submitted to any UK and Italian Authority.
I worked for over 6 years as a Sales Executive and Italian Translator & Interpreter for a Financial Research & Funds Management company in Croydon, England, before switching to a full-time career as a freelance translator in August 2006.
Consequently, my knowledge and vocabulary of financial, legal and investments environments are extensive and this assists my translating technical documents with ease and accuracy. You will also see that I have a degree in Italian and Humanities, therefore my ability to translate documents extends to the non-technical fields, as well as to proofreading, localisation and ad hoc translation skills.
I have very good experience in Media and Publishing translation:
– I have translated the Italian version of the official website of Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority (www.visitabudhabi.ae).
– I translate the monthly broadcasting web-based programme of a couple of leading digital/satellite TV company entertainment channels; summary and description of subjects and topics for their documentary channels.
– I am responsible for the Italian subtitles of an ongoing series of documentary releases for a multinational company.
– I have an extensive experience in transcription and subtitling (including allocation of time codes and ‘spotting list’, InqScribe, etc.) for TV & media productions (interviews and documentaries), web interfaces and taxonomy projects.
I work on a regular basis with UN agencies, international NGOs and UK local councils and I provide simultaneous and consecutive interpreting for government institutions, media and advertising productions.
I have very good experience in web interfaces, taxonomy projects, subtitling and transcripts. I also work on a regular basis as a freelance translator and interpreter for several law firms and consultancy companies in London and around England, as well as in Abu Dhabi and Dubai, translating an extensive range of financial, marketing and corporate documents (fund & markets factsheets, stock trading literature, official certificates, AoA, Chamber of Commerce reg. documents, BoD Minutes of Meetings, corporate accounting records, full balance sheets, reports, power of attorneys, contracts & agreements, judgments, case studies, etc.).
(I hold both a Euro and a Sterling UK bank account, for ease of payments).