Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
“Since man first learned the need to communicate, words have been used to record, to predict, to influence, to educate and to create. Words have shaped society into what it is today, used as a powerful tool by the greatest political, religious and human rights leaders in history…”
An enthusiastic, self-motivated freelance proof-reader, copy editor and translator. Takes pride in taking a professional and conscientious approach to every job, thereby delivering the best possible results and achieving the utmost customer satisfaction. Particular subjects of expertise include financial and economic affairs, management and marketing, feasibility studies, administration, international organizations, EU documents, banking, insurance, accounting documents, statistics, corporate matters, audit reports, annual reports, general legislation, international contracts, international loan agreements ,travel, advertising, PR & press-related, media and journalism.
Translators must be writers above all. This is something I strive to convey in every one of my projects, providing accurate, polished, publication-ready translations in a style that reflects the “writerly” thought process of their successful completion.
Peloponnessou 27 str.
16451 Argyroupolis - Athens - GREECE
Tel : 0030 210-9933543
Fax : 0030 210-9933543
Mobile : 697-2759371
E-mail : email@example.com
VAT No.: EL038867878
Languages and specialist subject areas
English > Greek
French > Greek
Greek > English
Greek > French
English > French
French > English
1. Computer science
*Annual reports, statements, prospectus
*Minutes, protocols, memos, letters
*Contracts, status, agreements, warranties
4. Media, Press, Journalism, Advertising
*Announcements, magazines, ad copies, catalogues, handouts, press releases
5. Government contracts
*Immigration, employment, legislations, forms
Specialization: Financial and economic affairs, management and marketing, feasibility studies, administration, international organizations, EU documents, banking, insurance, accounting documents, statistics, corporate matters, audit reports, annual reports, general legislation, international contracts, international loan agreements.
Having worked for more than 18 years as a translator and management assistant in international companies and International Organisations such as UNITED NATIONS ENVIRONMENT PROGRAM, EMBASSY OF ALGERIA IN ATHENS, NETHOLD, I have gained excellent knowledge of both French and English, which I would like to put at your disposal.
Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency
Diplôme Supérieur de la langue française, Institut Français d'Athènes - Grèce
University Degree - University of Athens (French Studies' Faculty)
Master's Degree in French Language Acquisition and Application – Hellenic Open University
PC Laptop Acer Aspire 5620
PC Pentium IV, 2.8 GHz, 512 RAM, 40 GB HD
Hewlett Packard LaserJet Printer 1012
Hewlett Packard scanner Scanjet 23400C
Windows XP Pro (Greek Version)
MS Office XP (Greek Version)
MS Internet Explorer 6.0
ABBYY Fine Reader
Adobe Acrobat, WinZip
Foreign language Dictionaries – Language Tools
• RANDOM HOUSE WEBSTER’S – UNABRIDGED DICTIONARY
• Dictionnaire de la langue française, LAROUSSE
• English – Greek & Greek – English Dictionary of Commercial, Banking and Economics Terms, CHRISSOVITSIOTIS – STAVRAKOPOULOS
• English – Greek – English Dictionary – GOLDEN EDITION MAGENTA (Electronic)
• Many dictionaries and glossaries from the web
1985-1987: ALEXANDER LTD.: translator, consecutive interpreting, mail handling
1987-2004: FREELANCE TRANSLATOR
1991-1992: EMBASSY OF ALGERIA (SECRETARIAL SUPPORT & TRANSLATIONS FOR H.E. THE AMBASSADOR)
1994: UNITED NATIONS ENVIRONMENT PROGRAM/UNEP (SECRETARIAL SUPPORT & TRANSLATIONS FOR A FIVE-MONTH PERIOD)
1995-1997: MULTICHOICE HELLAS (SECRETARIAL SUPPORT & TRANSLATIONS FOR THE LEGAL DEPT. OF A MULTINATIONAL GROUP OF COMPANIES)
1987 - ….: FREELANCE TRANSLATOR
MOREOVER, I WORKED FOR:
1991: MEDITERRANEAN GAMES IN ATHENS (SPORTS MEETING)
1993: SOCIALIST INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE IN ATHENS (POLITICS)
MULTICHOICE HELLAS - EMBASSY OF ALGERIA - UNEP
EMBASSY OF ALGERIA
Interests : I am interested in languages, intercultural meetings, literature and sports.
Concorde Übersetzungen GmbH (Germany)
TEXTO COMMUNICATIONS : +30-210-7231201
ERICSSON HELLAS (Mr. Antonis Hontzeas: +30-210-6695119 & firstname.lastname@example.org) , various projects
EMBASSY OF AUSTRALIA in Greece: Australian Embassy , Level 6, Thon Building, Corner Kifisias & Alexandras Ave, Ambelokipi, ATHENS 115 23 (Mrs. Allicia Rodrigues: +30-210- 870 4032 & Allicia.Rodrigues@dfat.gov.au), various projects
IONIAN UNIVERSITY - DEPT. OF HISTORY
ALEXANDROU GEORGE (210-6755007)
FRONT LINE ADVERTISING COMPANY (Mrs. Kelly Giannoukakou) etc.
TEXT APPEAL (AGENCY ON TRANSCREATION - U.K.)
HELLENIC MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION: Mrs Anna Manola Communication Dept. E-mail: email@example.com Tel.: 0030-210-2112000 (WEBSITE TRANSLATION for a vocational education and training association)
PRISMA LTD. : 17, Embedokleous str. 11635 Athens Greece (vocational education and training projects) E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (Mrs Fouli Papageorgiou)
RESEARCH INSTITUTE OF APPLIED COMMUNICATION (CYPRUS): Mr. Andreas Masouras email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
LAW FIRM LOGOTHETIS – PAPACHARALAMBOUS & ASSOCIATES: 10, Mantzarou str. 10672 Athens Tel.No.: 0030 - 210 36 50 200 – Fax No. : 0030- 210 36 50 220
Working in the Internet with Greek and foreign companies since 2003 and in the period until the end of December 2006, in parallel to my activities as teacher of French Language, I have delivered 400 jobs and translated more than 1.000.000 words for 40 companies in various fields(on par-time basis).
Journalism [100,000 words]
Legal [175,000 words]
Marketing & Business [175,000 words]
Psychology [75,000 words]
EU & International Organizations [275,000 words]
Taxation [30,000 words]
Health care, cosmetics [75,000 words]
Pharmaceutics, medicine, pesticides [75,000 words]
Websites [100,000 words]
Company accounts, annual reports and auditors' reports [250,000 words]
I started working as a free lance translator and consecutive interpret in 1985. Translation experience includes:
- A very wide range of legal and financial documents for mainly specialist agencies and direct clients world-wide, including numerous contracts and agreements of various kinds, financial statements and reports, articles of association and court documentation;
- A variety of commercial, marketing and general interest documents, advertising material for a variety of businesses; CVs and certificates of all kinds;
- Translation of European Union/U.N. documents; international affairs;
- Translation of Commercial Strategies, marketing ;
- Translation of all English, French, Greek correspondence and brochures into French, English, Greek
- Translation of business contracts, translation of product descriptions
- Variety of legal documents, including contracts, company incorporation documents, internal company regulations, minutes of meetings and circulars, tax forms and various certificates
- Variety of company financial documents including company accounts, annual reports and auditors' reports
- Advertising documents, articles, brochures
- WEBSITE TRANSLATIONS
- Translation of brochures for cosmetics and medicinal products; moreover, translation on of medical records, drug labels, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, etc;
- Translation of various technical documents referring to inventions, technological applications, etc;
- Translation of various essays, dissertations, doctoral dissertations, etc
Translation: 1,500 – 2,000 words per day (part-time)
Proofreading/Editing: 2,000 – 3,000 words per day (part-time)
The rates depend on language pair, difficulty of text, nature of text, deadline and availability.
This editing service is for people that have already completed their assignment themselves, but feel that they need some help polishing the writing off and putting the structure together.
Make sure that your essay is:
• Academically written, referenced correctly according to the reference format required by your University and well structured.
• Free of grammar and spelling mistakes
• Catchy and easy to read.
• Everything required by your instructions.
Fields of knowledge: Business, Community Studies, Economics, International Studies and Diplomacy, Law, Media Studies and Journalism, Marketing, Management, Political Science, Psychology.