Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Date and time: 15:00-15:45, Monday, 30 April, 2007 NOTE: This session has already been held
Room: Benczúr 2
Delivering high quality has become not only a translator's personal goal but also a matter of survival in translation business. In our complex world it's best to be achieved by team work.
This session will be an interactive workshop including short presentations. Subjects will be:
- The new European Standard EN 15038 – what it says about "translating, checking, revision, proofreading, editing"
- What customers expect: a matter of trust and personal relationship
- Defining the "service" in the context of specific fields
- Building long-term relationships: "outsourcing" vs. "networking/team-building"
- Working in a team: SWOT analysis (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats)
Focus group leader:
Ursula Derx (Austria)
Bio: Based in Vienna, Ursula is a translator and business consultant, self-employed as a translation agency and translator since 13 years. Her customers are from various industries, like IT, pharmaceutical, facility management and PR.
Literature translation has become a personal hobby. Ursula is married and has a grown-up daughter.