Thread poster: Lise Smidth

Lise Smidth  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 23:57
German to Danish
+ ...
Apr 14, 2008

Hi,

I have received my first job to be translated with Across in the Personal Standalone Edition and don't know how to get started. Until now I only worked with the remote feature which worked fine.

For this job I created a project with the files to be translated and also imported the tmx file, but how can I tell Across to use this exact translation memory with these files? When I make a report of my files I get the same word number that in the report from my client, but I have no 100% matches. What is my mistake?

Any advice or suggestions where to find instructions are much appreciated (didn't find what I was looking for in the pdf documentation yet...)

TIA
lise

Direct link Reply with quote

Karen Picolin  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 20:57
Member (2005)
German to Portuguese
+ ...
Across help Apr 14, 2008

Hi Lise, you have to go to:

Tools - Vor-übersetzung
Then press Analyse, After the Analysis is done, click on Vor-übersetung speichern.

You will then have your matches, 100% and fuzzies.

Hope that helps

Karen Picolin

Lise Smidth  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 23:57
German to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER

Thanks a lot, Karen.

It is not so easy to figure everything out with a new programme - and I didn't find time to make a training yet....

br
lise

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need help to get started with Across

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search