crossTerm - can I have several crossTerm databases?
Thread poster: Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 07:46
English to Turkish
+ ...
Jul 20, 2008

In other CAT tools (Deja Vu, Transit TermStar, Trados Multiterm) I can create several terminology databases, rename, copy and save them to other locations, edit these databases with other programs. But I can not find out if it is applicable in crossTerm.

The basic question: can I have several crossTerm databases?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-07-20 16:27]

Uwe Schwenk (X)
Uwe Schwenk (X)
United States
Local time: 23:46
English to German
CrossTerm Jul 20, 2008

The concept of cross term is a bit different. Eveything is in one glossary. While you can for example add the electronic Langenscheidt dictionaries, you can also add your terms.

In my opinion, the crossterm concept is a lot better than MultiTerm.

Uwe

[Bearbeitet am 2008-07-20 16:01]

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 07:46
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jul 20, 2008

Only one glossary

So, I can not create separate terminology databases for projects or clients. In that case, even Multiterm is better. But my favourite is Deja Vu's Terminology Database.

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:46
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Across has a different concept Jul 20, 2008

I am still learning this tool, but I think it has a fundamentally different concept for differentiating between TM and glossary entries that belong to different clients.
In each entry (both in CrossTank and CrossTerm), there are many fields, such as Project, Relation, etc.
I think Relation is where you supposed to put the client's name, and further specify it in Project. Then, you can use filters while you are using or exporting the entries. That way, if you need to, you can create (
... See more
I am still learning this tool, but I think it has a fundamentally different concept for differentiating between TM and glossary entries that belong to different clients.
In each entry (both in CrossTank and CrossTerm), there are many fields, such as Project, Relation, etc.
I think Relation is where you supposed to put the client's name, and further specify it in Project. Then, you can use filters while you are using or exporting the entries. That way, if you need to, you can create (export) the entries that belong to a specific project.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

crossTerm - can I have several crossTerm databases?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »