How to copy just one word, including format?
Thread poster: Barbra Heskamp
Barbra Heskamp
Local time: 06:36
English to Dutch
+ ...
Nov 7, 2008

Hi,

I now you can copy the source paragraph or active sentence to the editor, but usually prefer to just start typing my translation. However, some words in my source text have a link and it seems the only way I can make sure the link is also there in the target is by using one of said copy-buttons. Very inconvenient because I have to erase the rest of the sentence. Does anybody know if it is possible to copy just the one word. If I use the keyboard functions Crtl C/V, the word is copied, but not the link (tag).

Thanks, Barbra

Direct link Reply with quote

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 07:36
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
copy object to target editor Nov 7, 2008

If you want to copy a hyperlink, which is displayed as an object, you can select the object, right click on it and select the command "copy object".

HTH

Barbra Heskamp
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Nov 7, 2008

Hi Selcuk

tjok merci!

although it is still a bit of a hassle, because I have to perform the action "copy object" twice, for the start and end of the tag.

Barbra

Barbra Heskamp
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
just double click Nov 7, 2008

I also got a speedy response from Across, you can just double click (left mouse button) on the object

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to copy just one word, including format?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search