Thread poster: Mina Choi

Mina Choi  Identity Verified
South Korea
Local time: 08:41
English to Korean
+ ...
May 14, 2009

Hello All,

First of all, I apologize if this topic had been discussed before but I can't seem to find it despite an hour-long searching and I kindly ask for help. Thank you much in advance!

The problem is, I just installed Across trial version and installation was completed just fine. Now, I'm trying to import task (I already have the client's CWU file in hard drive), but 'crossTank module not found' message popped up during importing and it doesn't progress any more. I'm wondering if something went wrong during installation or this crossTank module is simply not provided with Trial version or something else is to blame?

Looking forward to any comments and hopefully, the right answer.

Thank you for your time and have a great day you all!

Many thanks,
Mina

Uwe Schwenk (X)
Local time: 18:11
English to German
CrossTank May 14, 2009

Mina,

form your email, I am guessing that there is either one of 3 issues.

You stated that you have received the CRU file. Did you also receive a licnese file from the client. You need that license file from the client to open the package? If you do not have it, have the client send it to you.

When you stated that you installed the trial, did you use the trial license or did you get one from across? If you used the trial licence it is only valid for 30 days. When you register with across, across will provide you with a license for the version to use unlimited.

If this is not the issue and oyu have received the licence from across, I would recommend the following:

Uninstall the previous version completely.

Download the latest version of across

Re-install the donwlaoded version (SP3D is the latest)

let me know how it goes.

Uwe

Mina Choi  Identity Verified
South Korea
Local time: 08:41
English to Korean
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Previous problem solved...another came up. May 15, 2009

Hello Uwe,

Thank you very much for your assistance, which I really appreciate. I re-installed it again and problem solved now. (But for your information, here're answers to your questions: 1. Yes, I have a license file (.cap) from the client. 2. I use Trial version for now and it's vaild till July.1st. 3. I did just that and it worked. What a relief!)

At the moment I just imported CWU file to 'My Tasks' but it seems there's some problem confirming them. Everytime I try to confirm a task, "Across Server cannot be reached 10.1.100.43:2309. Please check your network connection", message pops up and I can't confirm any task. My network connection is fine, as long as it refers to internet connection but 'network connection' means accessing to the client's server, I wonder? If so, is this some glitch I need to discuss with the client?

Looking forward to your kind help once again.

Have a wonderful weekend also!

Gratefully,
Mina

Uwe Schwenk (X)
Local time: 18:11
English to German
A new issue May 18, 2009

Mina,

that will depend on the settings by the client. However, I think the issue on your end consists in the time difference, and the client might has turned of the server for the weekend.

Normally, once a task is completed, it will attempt to connect to the server, in order to update the project status. Thats by design and makes sense in order to provide an updated status.

However, as stated before it can also have some issues (such as yours) if for example the client server is not available.

However, when you cancel the connection to the server you should be able to continue with the next teask, PROVIDED the client allows you to do so.

In a nutshell, you need to contact the client to get this squared away.

Uwe

William He  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 08:11
Member (2008)
English
+ ...
Check if your softkey is correct. Apr 6, 2010

Mina Choi wrote:

Hello Uwe,

Thank you very much for your assistance, which I really appreciate. I re-installed it again and problem solved now. (But for your information, here're answers to your questions: 1. Yes, I have a license file (.cap) from the client. 2. I use Trial version for now and it's vaild till July.1st. 3. I did just that and it worked. What a relief!)

At the moment I just imported CWU file to 'My Tasks' but it seems there's some problem confirming them. Everytime I try to confirm a task, "Across Server cannot be reached 10.1.100.43:2309. Please check your network connection", message pops up and I can't confirm any task. My network connection is fine, as long as it refers to internet connection but 'network connection' means accessing to the client's server, I wonder? If so, is this some glitch I need to discuss with the client?

Looking forward to your kind help once again.

Have a wonderful weekend also!

Gratefully,
Mina

Hi Mina:

The error means you connected to a wrong server, you may check if yo used a correct softkey. Let your client know it''s still not work.

William

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

'crossTank module not found'

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search