Installation of across V5
Thread poster: Uwe Schwenk

Uwe Schwenk
Local time: 14:21
English to German
Aug 7, 2009

All,

as an FYI I took the plunge and installed across version 5 and then re-imported my projects, TM, etc. This was a new installation because I blew away the old one.

In a few days when the upgrade version is going to be out, I will be using the upgrade option on another box to see if that goes juts as smooth.

Everything is fine so far and I am up and running again.

All in all it went well.

Marcos Zattar
Germany
Local time: 21:21
German to Portuguese
+ ...
version 5 x upgrade version Aug 7, 2009

Uwe Schwenk wrote:

In a few days when the upgrade version is going to be out, I will be using the upgrade option on another box to see if that goes juts as smooth.

What is the difference between the version you installed and the upcoming upgrade?

Why is it better to uninstall everything and then install everything from the scratch?

Uwe Schwenk
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Upgrade Aug 7, 2009

Marcos,

I sued a clena install, whereby the previous version was uninstalled after all backups were done.

In a few days across will provide an upgrade package whereby you just upgrade your existing installation without having to remove it.

Uwe

Kai Döring  Identity Verified
Philippines
Local time: 03:21
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
v5 for freelancers?!? Aug 8, 2009

Could somebody please verify if we talk of the freelance or corporate version.

Thanks.

Uwe Schwenk
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Version 5 Aug 8, 2009

I am talking about the Freelance/Single-User version.

Uwe

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Installation of across V5

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search