Assigning relation to TM import from TTX
Thread poster: ozkanozcan

ozkanozcan
Local time: 04:22
Aug 27, 2009

Hi all,

Is there any way to add a relation attribute automatically all translation units, when importanting from a TTX or TMX. It seems that we have to define relation one by one per TU.

Thanks for your help.
Ozkan

Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 05:22
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Hmmm... Aug 27, 2009

I don't know. There's something wrong about any kind of tags in version 5.0. They worked fine in version 4.0, but now they seem broken...

Uwe Schwenk (X)
Local time: 21:22
English to German
Assigning Relation Aug 27, 2009

Ozkan,

thats actually rather easy. When you import a TTX or TMX file through the CrossTank manager, in the 5th dialog of the wizard there is the option for relation. Just open the dropdown list to the right and select the relation you want to use, and finish it up.

However, please bear in mind that the relation must exist already. So if you have no relations created yet, switch to the main window and create the relation, and then import and select the relation.

HTH

Uwe

ozkanozcan
TOPIC STARTER
it is possible for TMX Aug 27, 2009

I have just discovered that it is possible to assign a relation attribute to all entries for TMX import but not for TTX.

Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 05:22
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Documentation Aug 27, 2009

And where exactly is this change from version 4 documented? In the previous version we could assign relations easily, upon creation of a project. Now it seems we have to have them pre-defined. How were we supposed to know that? And why did you make this change in the first place?

ozkanozcan
TOPIC STARTER
for TTX? Aug 27, 2009

Hi Uwe,

Thank you for the reply. Are you sure that we can specify relation when importing TUs from TTX? I tired several times to be sure that I don't miss anything, but the fifth dialogue you mentioned appears only for TMX export.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Assigning relation to TM import from TTX

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search