Is there an access to the analysis after completion of project
Thread poster: Barbara Bubel

Barbara Bubel  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:56
German to English
+ ...
Sep 2, 2009

I am new to Across and the first project went ok - except that I cannot find where I stored or printed out the analysis. The PM informs me that there is no way to access the analysis after the completion of the project. Are there any tricks to work around this? I would obviously very much appreciate any hints.
BTW, I logged in through their server with softkey, etc. , but the file was sent to me and returned by email.

Direct link Reply with quote

Uwe Schwenk
Local time: 15:56
English to German
Analysis Sep 2, 2009

Barbara,

there are 2 simple ways of doing it:

However, please note that this will depend on how the Client has setup his or her server. If you received a package and imported into your installation, the 2 ways below are easy to be done. If you work directly on the server, it depends whether the project manager allows you to do so.

The statement with not possible is only true if this is prohibited by the manager.

1. If you want just a "quick and dirty" view of the details such as word count, paragraphs, status, etc. proceed as follows:

a) Switch to the project view (Click on the folder icon in the left sidebar)
b) Select Properties.
c) In the Dialog shown switch to the status tab, where the details are shown.

1. If you need a detailed report proceed as follows:

b) Right-click and select in the context menu the Reports option.
c) in Witzard shown in the third dialog, you are presented with a number of options for the report, such as Master data report, etc.
d) Select the one you want (Reports can be customized, but I will not go into these details here).
e) Continue in the wizard after the selection until you get to the Window with the Finish button.
f) Click finish to generate the report.

When the report is shown on the top there is a dropdown list where you can view the data in different ways.

Uwe

[Edited at 2009-09-02 15:11 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-09-02 18:59 GMT]

Sina Lamprecht
Germany
Local time: 22:56
English to German
Doesn't the project disappear ? Sep 14, 2009

Hi Uwe

I am a project manager myself and always thought that, with regard to freelancers, their projects disappear immediately after completion of the project. Is this wrong? Since then it would not be possible for them to generate the reports with the ways you suggested.

Sina

Uwe Schwenk wrote:

Barbara,

there are 2 simple ways of doing it:

However, please note that this will depend on how the Client has setup his or her server. If you received a package and imported into your installation, the 2 ways below are easy to be done. If you work directly on the server, it depends whether the project manager allows you to do so.

The statement with not possible is only true if this is prohibited by the manager.

1. If you want just a "quick and dirty" view of the details such as word count, paragraphs, status, etc. proceed as follows:

b) Select Properties.
c) In the Dialog shown switch to the status tab, where the details are shown.

1. If you need a detailed report proceed as follows:

b) Right-click and select in the context menu the Reports option.
c) in Witzard shown in the third dialog, you are presented with a number of options for the report, such as Master data report, etc.
d) Select the one you want (Reports can be customized, but I will not go into these details here).
e) Continue in the wizard after the selection until you get to the Window with the Finish button.
f) Click finish to generate the report.

When the report is shown on the top there is a dropdown list where you can view the data in different ways.

Uwe

[Edited at 2009-09-02 15:11 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-09-02 18:59 GMT]

Uwe Schwenk
Local time: 15:56
English to German
Analysis after completion Sep 14, 2009

bfl wrote:

Hi Uwe

I am a project manager myself and always thought that, with regard to freelancers, their projects disappear immediately after completion of the project. Is this wrong? Since then it would not be possible for them to generate the reports with the ways you suggested.

Sina

Sina,

like I stated in my reply that depends on how it is set up on the managers end. If you for example send packages to the translators, the translators open the package and add them to their installation. While upon completion, they are asked to upload the package, the package still remains in their setup. This actually makes sense in case there are issues because you can submit packages more than once.

If the translator works directly on the server, its a different ballgame, so to speak.

Again, this depends on how you set it up.

Uwe

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there an access to the analysis after completion of project

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search