Thread poster: Diego Manzano

Diego Manzano  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:00
Italian to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 12, 2009

Hi,
I'd like to know how to run the spell check in Across.
After I finish the translation, I press the ABC button in CrossView, but even if it detects errors, those are not really errors.

Thanks

Uwe Schwenk (X)
Local time: 04:00
English to German
Spelling Nov 13, 2009

Under the profiles you need to select which spell checker you want to use.

When you are done translating you can for example click on the left frame on the top the ABC tab. This will show you a list of spelling errors. Click on each oje to be brought to this Segment and make the necessary corrections. As you make the corrections, you will see the number of spelling issues will be reduced. YOu can also make the correctiohs as you go along in the translation, but that will depend on the QA settings.

Uwe

Diego Manzano  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:00
Italian to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I hate this spell-check! Nov 20, 2009

Thanks Uwe! I've just finished a translation of 7,000 words (only 1,000 new ones) and I got 323 spelling errors. I don't know if that's normal. Many times I click the sentence and there are no red underlined words!?! Why??? The product brand appears many times, but when I right-click "QM checks to be ignored", do I have to do it in every occurrence?

Thanks in advance!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

run spell check

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search