Thread poster: Diego Manzano

Diego Manzano  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:35
Italian to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 12, 2009

Hi,
I'd like to know how to run the spell check in Across.
After I finish the translation, I press the ABC button in CrossView, but even if it detects errors, those are not really errors.

Thanks

Uwe Schwenk
Local time: 00:35
English to German
Spelling Nov 13, 2009

Under the profiles you need to select which spell checker you want to use.

When you are done translating you can for example click on the left frame on the top the ABC tab. This will show you a list of spelling errors. Click on each oje to be brought to this Segment and make the necessary corrections. As you make the corrections, you will see the number of spelling issues will be reduced. YOu can also make the correctiohs as you go along in the translation, but that will depend on the QA settings.

Uwe

Diego Manzano  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:35
Italian to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I hate this spell-check! Nov 20, 2009

Thanks Uwe! I've just finished a translation of 7,000 words (only 1,000 new ones) and I got 323 spelling errors. I don't know if that's normal. Many times I click the sentence and there are no red underlined words!?! Why??? The product brand appears many times, but when I right-click "QM checks to be ignored", do I have to do it in every occurrence?

Thanks in advance!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

run spell check

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search