Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 03:01
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Mar 8, 2010

G'day everyone

A client wants me to install Across and let him know when the license number has arrived from Across, so that he can start sending me jobs in Across. I have installed Across previously but I have never had a license e-mailed to me. I have registered at the Across web site, but there is no option there to request that the license number be resent to me. I have updated my account there, but, apart from a TAN, no number is e-mailed to me.

What gives?

Samuel

Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
German to Spanish
+ ...
How to get license number Mar 8, 2010

Samuel Murray wrote:

G'day everyone

A client wants me to install Across and let him know when the license number has arrived from Across, so that he can start sending me jobs in Across. I have installed Across previously but I have never had a license e-mailed to me. I have registered at the Across web site, but there is no option there to request that the license number be resent to me. I have updated my account there, but, apart from a TAN, no number is e-mailed to me.

What gives?

Samuel

Hi Samuel: It takes some time before you receive the license number e-mailed to you. I also need to remind them by e-mail , when they changed to a higher version (+SQL) with a new license number.

So far I can remember, you do not need a license to begin to work, if the job does not last more as the trial time. But, I do not know if the fact that you have installed it previously, will reduce the remaining trial time, although it is very probable.

Alexander Itskovich  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:01
English to Russian
In crossBoard Mar 8, 2010

Last position in first column is Licenses. When I press it I can see my license number. I hope this will help.

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
crossBoard? Mar 8, 2010

Sandyman wrote:
Last position in first column is Licenses. When I press it I can see my license number. I hope this will help.

Where is "crossBoard"? Is it in Across itself, or is it on the web site? I don't see it on the web site, and it would not be in Across itself unless Across had somehow "retrieved" it while I wasn't looking.

Rick Henry  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:01
Italian to English
+ ...
I requested a license from the "Service Center" Mar 8, 2010

When I had Across installed, I had to request a license file from them. I think I went through their "Service Center" area on their website.

It took a little over a week to get the license, but they eventually sent it.

R.
==

Nahit Karataşlı  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 04:01
English to Turkish
+ ...
Follow the instructions Apr 9, 2010

You should register following the link below.

http://www.my-across.net/en/fdb-register.aspx

Regards,

Nakarat

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to get license number

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search